Whale water pump problems

Kimmy89

We are having water problems, we have a whale pump system, I've tried everything, even brought a new pump and microswitch, the water works for about 5 seconds then we get a little drip then nothing, it starts clicking , I do the turning thing, no more clicks but the pump is wiring away, I turn the pump off and on, jiggle the pump outside, do the turning thing again, now it's broken and won't pump the water, it's so frustrating my holiday has turned into a plumbers job, I'm not a plumber!

Somebody help please 

Edited by Kimmy89

• Kimmy89 changed the title to Whale water pump problems

Are you an experienced caravanner or a  newbie as I don't want to say things that are obvious to you , like have you primed the pump correctly. if it wont pump at all you may have blown a fuse.  Is the turning thing the pressure switch ?

Same as joanie, can you post more details? Age of caravan and make might help too.

Do you have a drain valve under the beds near the water heater and is it set closed? 

With water for a few seconds, I wonder whether it's pumping water out the drain or filling the water heater?

As above, has it ever worked, what is the micro switch you purchased, pressure or micro switch system, all taps or just one?

Hi

My name is Hayley and I work in the marketing team at Whale.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. You can call them on 0345 9090 911 or email info@whalepumps.com.

Alternatively, please privately send me the best number to get you on and I will get one of our team to give you a call.

Best wishes,

Hayley