Battery dimension

Hi all. I am about to pick up my new(to me) van and need to get a leisure battery but am unsure of the dimensions of the battery housing. It is a 2013 Sterling Eccles SE Ruby.

Can anyone help? 

Cheers 

Paul 

Have a look at your Owners Handbook on page 86. It gives max battery size 225mm high (inc terminals) x 175 deep x 353mm wide. Hope this helps.

Edit: If you do not have an owners handbook you can download it and the technical handbook for your caravan here

Frank

Edited by pfr

Also, there are some leisure batteries that are 175mm high. If van has a mover fitted, the spare space above the battery helps provide space for these wires. Batteries 225mm high are cramped for space - just my opinion

My 2 year old battery (showing a charge of 13v on van display) has just failed to move my 580 Expression out of my drive and up the road camber. (temporarily blocking the road to my great concern, fortunately it did manage to reverse back in again after being left for a couple of minutes).

The physical limitations are the  same as quoted above ie 225x 175 x 353 and the NCC data sheet page 2 lists nothing bigger than 105 ah that will fit into this battery compartment. I'm thinking i might need an auxiliary battery to connect in series for moving my van in and out.

Connect batteries in series gives 24V.

Connect them in parallel. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

6 hours ago, BristolianRobbo said:

My 2 year old battery (showing a charge of 13v on van display) has just failed to move my 580 Expression out of my drive and up the road camber. (temporarily blocking the road to my great concern, fortunately it did manage to reverse back in again after being left for a couple of minutes).

The physical limitations are the  same as quoted above ie 225x 175 x 353 and the NCC data sheet page 2 lists nothing bigger than 105 ah that will fit into this battery compartment. I'm thinking i might need an auxiliary battery to connect in series for moving my van in and out.

Maybe another brand of battery would sort you out,  my van is over 8 years old now and is still on the original Banner Running Bull which, IIRC, is only about 90 or 95 ah and still shifts a pretty heffty van on the movers.  

There are plenty of batteries to chose from, and many not listed by NCC. Getting listed is just another commercial stunt by NCC  in my opinion. 

So, the above leads me to ask another question. What ah battery is recommended for a 1500kg van fitted with a motor mover?

110aH

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I use a 95AH battery to move my 1500kg van and it's just fine.

Edit: Reducing the AH requirement means you can get 190mm high batteries which makes it much easier to fit the battery terminals. If I was getting a new leisure battery I would go for the Yuasa L36-EFB, probably from Alpha Batteries.

Edited by OWOMW

Mines a 2 yr old NCC 'B' rated 190mm height Numax DC25MF 105Ah. No mover problems also with 1550kg van

On 02/08/2021 at 11:45, Paul Patterson said:

So, the above leads me to ask another question. What ah battery is recommended for a 1500kg van fitted with a motor mover?

My van is 1800kg, the 8 year old sub 100ah Banner  still moves it fine. Not the cheapest batteries but they last, I'll be replacing like for like when the times comes.