Powrtouch Evolution Hard to engage on Manual model

Hi there! Does any one know if you can  change a manual engage  mover to auto engage as I have a bad back and it takes some effort to engage mine. Thanks David.

Think your looking at new rather than upgrading, however have you lubricated the sliding parts. My movers went very stiff to engage/ disengage, until I found out they required lubricant. The information is in the manual, but it’s short and sweet, so easily overlooked.  
The difference after lubrication was phenomenal. It required a fraction of the effort before lubricant 

Thanks !I will certainly look in the manual and lubricate,!

Hi

I bought swivel breaker bar about 2 Foot long and a socket and short extention

lot earier than the stand  manual  bar

Dave

Hi Carabiker  The manual bar supplied is over 2 foot long.Would a breaker bar be better? Thanks Dave

As suggested above get a extendable wheel brace (e.g. Halfords Extending Wheel Wrench) which will give you the leverage you need.

To lubricate the slide, pull off the front cover and apply something that will do the job. I used Waxoyl which will both lubricate the slide <and> protect it from rusting.

Many thanks for the help.David

I wonder whether your rollers might be too close to the wheels, so it might be worth checking the gap between the rollers and tyres when disengaged, just to make sure.

I can’t remember the gap required but the Powrtouch website will give it.

Edited by hp100425ev

Gap should be 20mms

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Actually on the manual system its (or was) 19mm - and there should be a marked piece of wood of the right size supplied with the caravan.

I have a genuine Powrtouch wood spacer block in my hand - it is marked '20mm' and is for the Classic.  The Evolution is supplied with a 19mm spacer.

On properly inflated tyres, 1mm either way is unlikely to make a vast difference though.

Edited by ReggiePerrin

Thanks- will check the  19mm gap ! David