Wheel bearing identification

Hi...Just had my 2001 Burstner Ventana Avantegarde 520TL serviced and I need a new wheel bearing before my next (Only my second) outing.

Does anyone out there know how to find the bearing number from the caravan details. The guy who serviced it couldn`t find the number from the bearings.

Would really appreciate any information on this, thanks.

Don’t know where you are but there are places that just sell bearings. Used to be a place on the A20 new eltham near the traffic lights could match any bearing. There might be a place near you that you could take it to.

It's unusual for a bearing not to bear (sorry for the pun!) an identification number but it may be difficult to see. I guess you would have to contact the manufacturer or a Burstner dealer. You will probably need to provide the caravan VIN number.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

Thanks, I contacted Burstner this morning and I`m waitng for reply.

4 hours ago, Pedro 55 said:

Thanks, I contacted Burstner this morning and I`m waitng for reply.

Another possible source is the chassis manufacturer if you provide them with the chassis details usually found on a plate rivited to the axle.

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

6 hours ago, Pedro 55 said:

The guy who serviced it couldn`t find the number from the bearings.

Are there any makers marks on the drums or on the axle grease caps.   ie: AL-KO axle caps are branded with their trade mark.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Most caravans are on either AL-KO or BNB chassis.

See if you can find the chassis details as above and then go direct - should be quicker and cheaper too.

14 minutes ago, NobbyTucker said:

Most caravans are on either AL-KO or BNB chassis.

Not BNB.

BPW is the other main caravan chassis 

34 minutes ago, Brecon said:

Not BNB.

BPW is the other main caravan chassis 

Correct but BPW is now owned by AL-KO anyway.

A trailer company should be able to help.

companies that make car .    boat       and road trailers usually have this sort of thing in stock .

take the old one with you but clean it up first as I can tell you if you turn up with a dirty greasy bearing there not so keen  to look at it.

I have replaced many unknown trailer makes of bearings like that.

the first set ever were greasy in a plastic bag. Hence told to go home and clean them first.

Thanks all for the helpful advice. The service guy has been back to me and said he will sort it before my next outing.:goodpost::Thankyou: