Jump to content

Entry to French campsites


Recommended Posts

Taken from a French regional newspaper and translated

 

Since July 21, the health pass is required for adults in campsites and holiday centers that have certain equipment such as swimming pools, theaters or games rooms , places where this health proof is mandatory when '' they accommodate more than 50 people, in accordance with the decree published on July 19, 2021

 

In principle, customers will  only have to show their health pass (vaccination certificate) at the entrance to the campsite  which can take the form of either a vaccination certificate with a complete vaccination schedule , or a negative PCR or antigen test of less than 48 hours (24 hours for tourists from certain countries such as the Netherlands or the United Kingdom ), or a positive test attesting to recovery from the disease, dating from at least 15 days and less than six months.

 

I believe that the French will not accept UK vaccination "passes" so  a PCR/antigen test will be needed and these can be obtained at any French pharmacy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The UK passes do not appear to be scannable in France so they just take your word you have been double vacced. My experience anyway. If you are a Brit & old the French know you will be most likely double vacced.  As usual the reality on the ground is way different from from what is written in the news. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Basically, if you're a Brit, and you've got to France, they know you must be double vaccinated, because those who aren't, aren't allowed into France.  We had a discussion with our local bar owner today, and he said 'All the English have had both vaccinations' , then 'I wish all the French had....!'

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just a few minutes ago inquired of a French site whether the NHS pass will be acceptable and the almost instant reply was "Yes of course"

I think there is a lot of scaremongering going on all over the internet and especially forums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We arrived at a large site on the west coast today. Security post before reception checking vaccine passes & lateral flow testing the unvaccinated so it was being taken seriously. Showed him our NHS passes which I had saved to files on my phone & he was happy with those. No scanning required. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Camperdom said:

We arrived at a large site on the west coast today. Security post before reception checking vaccine passes & lateral flow testing the unvaccinated so it was being taken seriously. Showed him our NHS passes which I had saved to files on my phone & he was happy with those. No scanning required. 

 

 

A little different to your earlier post?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, beejay said:

 

 

A little different to your earlier post?

No. The same as my earlier post. The passes are not scannable in in France so they simply looked at the passes & ok’ed them.  So yes they had to take our word that the passes were genuine as they are not scannable onto the French system. 
 

Those ahead in the queue being tested were young German women who had not been vacced. 
 

So I am correcting the info in your first post. The UK passes are acceptable & a test is not required if you have NHS passes showing double vacs.  This is real time info that I hope will be of use to you if you are travelling to France. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Camperdom said:

This is real time info that I hope will be of use to you if you are travelling to France. 

Yes, thanks. Those like us who are hoping to nip across for a month in September are watching closely before we book our crossings!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I downloaded the app and printed off the forms, however they are only eligible for a month so what happens if you are going for longer?  

 

A bit difficult to get access to a printer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, meadowsweet said:

I downloaded the app and printed off the forms, however they are only eligible for a month so what happens if you are going for longer?  

 

A bit difficult to get access to a printer.


You can phone “119” and receive proof of vaccination in the post that has no expiry date.

 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/#:~:text=You can get an NHS,-dose Janssen vaccine.

 

Info is about 2/3rd down the page.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The QR codes on the app pass only last for a month but don’t really matter as the QR codes do not scan onto French system.  
 

We only have one smartphone between us as wife don’t do tech so I have done us separate logins for NHS app so I can access both vac passes from the same phone.
 

For convenience I have saved both passes to files on phone so they can be quickly shown one after the other. If you want current QR codes you can repeat the process as required. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steven said:


You can phone “119” and receive proof of vaccination in the post that has no expiry date.

 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/#:~:text=You can get an NHS,-dose Janssen vaccine.

 

Info is about 2/3rd down the page.

 

Thanks.  It's a lot to read and I clearly skim read it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The worriers amongst you will be glad to hear that not only is France now on the Amber list, and not Amber Plus, but by complete coincidence the TousAntiCovid App now recognises the NHS App Proof of vaccination QR codes.  

Make sure BEFORE you wish to use it, your NHS App is open, on the correct page - Share my Covid status, etc., then 'Travel', and the verification App associated with TousAntiCovid will now scan and recognise your QR codes.  I did it last night to check and it does work and you get the Green 'Valide' on the verification App (TousAntiCovid-Verif).  So no need to download the TousAntiCovid App, and import your codes as previously suggested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ValA said:

The worriers amongst you will be glad to hear that not only is France now on the Amber list, and not Amber Plus, but by complete coincidence the TousAntiCovid App now recognises the NHS App Proof of vaccination QR codes.  

Make sure BEFORE you wish to use it, your NHS App is open, on the correct page - Share my Covid status, etc., then 'Travel', and the verification App associated with TousAntiCovid will now scan and recognise your QR codes.  I did it last night to check and it does work and you get the Green 'Valide' on the verification App (TousAntiCovid-Verif).  So no need to download the TousAntiCovid App, and import your codes as previously suggested.

 

That's good news, also we now no longer need to isolate upon return from France.

 

I can tick off a couple of items from my French trip planning spreadsheet!

The double vaccinated of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, meadowsweet said:

 

That's good news, also we now no longer need to isolate upon return from France.

 

I can tick off a couple of items from my French trip planning spreadsheet!

The double vaccinated of course.

Interesting. I also have a ‘going to France checklist / spreadsheet’. Would you be prepared to post your list ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, meadowsweet said:

I downloaded the app and printed off the forms, however they are only eligible for a month so what happens if you are going for longer?  

 

A bit difficult to get access to a printer.

If you have the NHS App that is now scannable by French scanners, otherwise just show them the 2 of 2 vaccination certificate on the App.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ValA said:

If you have the NHS App that is now scannable by French scanners, otherwise just show them the 2 of 2 vaccination certificate on the App.  

 

 

Thanks.  Have called 119 today and requested certificate which does not have expiry date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GarryandTrish said:

Interesting. I also have a ‘going to France checklist / spreadsheet’. Would you be prepared to post your list ?

 

Have emailed you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, meadowsweet said:

Have called 119 today and requested certificate which does not have expiry date.

The NHS Covid pass does not have an expiry date however it does show the dates on which the vaccinations were given, so it is not unreasonable to expect the pass to be unacceptable after a certain time. Similarly, if there is a requirement for further vaccinations, then a later issue pass may be needed. 

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gordon said:

The NHS Covid pass does not have an expiry date however it does show the dates on which the vaccinations were given, so it is not unreasonable to expect the pass to be unacceptable after a certain time. Similarly, if there is a requirement for further vaccinations, then a later issue pass may be needed. 

 

Yes, the autumn/winter Covid booster planned so trip to Spain in January will probably need to show these.  Although knowing my luck I won't get them until February.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...