Bailey increase payload on all models

10 minutes ago, djadria said:

It is at the moment 😂😳

Robots position and weld steel in cars. They take heavy parts, position them and secure them. There really aren't the same opportunities in caravan assembly. They already use CNC machines in cutting out panels but fitting all the furniture and appliances to the panels will be hard to robotise, even if the robots can be made adaptable and cheap enough to be worthwhile.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

I fully appreciate, and agree with, everything you have said.

The point I was trying to make is that caravans are bolted together by humans and, unlike robots they are not capable of doing the same task in precisely the same way time after time! A robot will squirt an exact amount of sealant along exactly the same line on a panel every single time, so the joint will be fully sealed, a human may squirt a little more (or less) in a slightly different place and, on some caravans, that can result in a water ingress at some point in the (sometimes not so distant) future.

The Bailey “roof strap” being a prime example, a few have issues, the vast majority don’t. The items used on every caravan are identical, so the only area for error is the assembly, and the only variable in assembly is?? .......

The human holding the sealant gun who is chatting to his pal about last nights game and not paying full attention to the task in hand!! 

12 hours ago, djadria said:

It will by Hydrogen engines realistically 👍

Hydrogen powered vehicle technology isn’t for hydrogen powered engines.

They use hydrogen in a fuel cell to produce electricity and it’s that which provides the motive power to electric motors. The only thing fuel cells produce is water, no carbon dioxide, not sulphur dioxide, no soot particle no nitrous oxides just totally pure water.

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Actually there are Hydrogen powered engines being developed as a direct replacement for diesel engines by JCB https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry-news-technology/jcb-unveils-hydrogen-fuelled-combustion-engine-technology 

Lord Bamford who runs JCB has realised that Battery power is not going to be of any use for JCB machinery. There is an interesting YouTube video from Harry's Garage about it.

I see no reason this type of engine could not be used for Tow vehicles.  The problem is the infrastructure of Hydrogen filling stations that would be required. Right now the infrastructure  for charging EV's is not there either.  At least with Hydrogen the refueling time is the same as with diesel

I do think that the battery v hydrogen discussion is similar to Beta v VHS when the inferior product/solution won out. 
There is challenge in distribution but it’s not insurmountable, there are already boiler manufacturers producing boilers that will run on hydrogen, ICE engines, both diesel and petrol can be run on hydrogen, no rare materials required for manufacture. Germany and Japan are already looking into using their gas infrastructure to carry hydrogen around the country. Just imagine, you can run your boiler on hydrogen for heating and cooking and have a outside tap to connect to your vehicle for top ups!! Still need public refill sires for when travelling but if using current gas pipes it isn’t going to be difficult.

21 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

It’s only the sale of new ICE powered cars that will be banned, and that’s still 8+ years away.

There will still be millions of diesel/petrol cars around in circulation for many years after that.  I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the value of used ICE vehicles increases once they are no longer available new.

Secondhand car prices for some models are already increasing and a few fetch higher prices than new ones.

used car prices increasing

Sorry I started that one! 🙄

I think Hydrogen might be delivered to petrol stations just like now - and we’ll either charge with electric or hydrogen.

SUVs might be powered by electric motors charged by a small hydrogen engine on board?

electric motors after all pull trains if they can be powered effectively 👍

7 minutes ago, djadria said:

Sorry I started that one! 🙄

I think Hydrogen might be delivered to petrol stations just like now - and we’ll either charge with electric or hydrogen.

SUVs might be powered by electric motors charged by a small hydrogen engine on board?

electric motors after all pull trains if they can be powered effectively 👍

Oh Toyota got there before me! 😆

:Thankyou:

1 hour ago, Stagn8 said:

:Thankyou:

😆👍