CMC Shop / Prima leisure

Badly let down with these guys. Service is appalling, no way to contact them, phone calls are terminated,  emails not answered and delivery dates a fantasy. Had to raise a dispute with Visa.

Look at the Trustpilot reviews before you decide to use them. I always do when using a new Internet company but because this is backed by CMC I didn't bother.

Wish I had...

Wonder if you know that means your dealing with Bailey who are taking 3 months to supply spares to my dealer for a repair.

1 minute ago, David 38 said:

Wonder if you know that means your dealing with Bailey who are taking 3 months to supply spares to my dealer for a repair.

Yes.

The order is placed with CMC.

The confirmation comes from Prima leisure.

The Credit card merchant is Bailey Parts.

Good luck. I only ordered blue and pink toilet stuff and some Thetford cleaner and after a month tried to cancel when the delivery was estimated a few more weeks out!!!!

I just bought a toilet cassette from them. Good discount for club membership, and good delivery. I speak as a satisfied customer for a simple transaction. A lot of retailers are recovering from Covid disruption - staff shortages, difficult deliveries from suppliers, etc and some caravan parts supply chains are suffering the same.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ern said:

I just bought a toilet cassette from them. Good discount for club membership, and good delivery. I speak as a satisfied customer for a simple transaction. A lot of retailers are recovering from Covid disruption - staff shortages, difficult deliveries from suppliers, etc and some caravan parts supply chains are suffering the same.

You should probably leave them a Trustpilot review then. They could use a positive one!

I'm actually fed up with the Covid excuse. A year ago maybe BUT 90% of the companies I deal with are back to providing next day service.

Of the other 10% most are pretty honest or upfront when there are supply problems and are at least contactable and provide reliable information.

Edited by Readingblue

We ordered the wheelarch cover for our Bailey which took about 5 days. They did say deliveries were not as quick as normal due to Covid. 

We were informed when it was dispatched and when delivery would be.

No complaints from us.

We had good service from them but only used them once. Basically if they give bad service people will go elsewhere so they may need to improve if things are as bad as suggested. 

It is made clear in the information that although this is CAMH branded it is simply Prima giving a discount to club members and your contract is with them and not the club so writing to the club would probably have little effect unless the numbers became so high they changed supplier and assuming they care.

Another satisfied customer, had great service from them, email has been a bit slow on replies but items have all been sent out on the date they advise. Happy here.

1 hour ago, Wildwood said:

Basically if they give bad service people will go elsewhere so they may need to improve if things are as bad as suggested. 

It's not always that easy, unfortunately. We needed to buy a new wooden cooker cover, Prima is the only place one can buy one (as far as I'm aware).

3 minutes ago, Joe1002 said:

... We needed to buy a new wooden cooker cover,...

I've no idea what that is being made of wood always been glass on mine.

Could a local joiner make one for you?

(A couple of days ago I read a post of a local glass supplier making a glass top for someone.)

5 minutes ago, David 38 said:

I've no idea what that is being made of wood always been glass on mine.

Could a local joiner make one for you?

(A couple of days ago I read a post of a local glass supplier making a glass top for someone.)

It has a glass cover, then wood to cover that thus giving more worktop space. We have the item now, but it if it was made by a local carpenter it wouldn't match the rest of the worktop.

To give you an idea, it is the part that is under the chopping board. The cooker is under that, it lifts up when you want to cook.

Worktop.jpg

Edited by Joe1002

Glad you sorted, my Bailey doesn't have that extra cover, good idea though.  My caravan is a Pursuit the budget entry range.

I guess our chopping board goes on another worktop area.

• 2 months later...

I have only used them once, but I was pleased with the service.  The part I needed for the Alde central heating was much cheaper than I could find anywhere else (even as a non-member) and was a genuine Alde part.  The despatch date was made clear before I completed the order and the part arrived when expected.

No complaints

Hi I’ve been waiting since April for a dometic fridge door travel  catch still no sign of it after several emails 😳

9 minutes ago, dobbo said:

Hi I’ve been waiting since April for a dometic fridge door travel  catch still no sign of it after several emails 😳

Availability could be a Dometic rather than a Prima Leisure thing - I recently emailed them (Dometic) about the dearth of awning specific accessories for our new Club 330… the answer I received was that roof liners and draught skirts will be available from January and carpets from March.

As a Bailey owner for a number of years, my experience of Prima Leisure has only been good.  I can’t recall ever buying via the Caravan Club shop front though.

On 28/07/2021 at 20:17, Ern said:

Did you check where it came from? Likely as these things are quite large and full of air it could be that from a spares aspect they place an order on Thetford for direct delivery.

As to things getting back to normal, I don't think so.

We gave the go ahead for a local joinery firm to supply and fit french doors and a replacement porthole window. They told us installation would start on 4th October. A week before the date they rang to say that their glazing supplier had just told them that the glass units would be at least 4 weeks late. I rang them last Friday and was told at least another two weeks.

That's meant having to push back the carpet fitters by a month as they need the door reveal to be in place for accurate fitting.

Around the same time we gave the go ahead to a local roofing company to re-bed our ridge tiles. They gave us a date of 21st September. That day came and went and when I rang they said they were unable to give me a new date. They did ring a week ago to say that their scaffolder would erect the scaffolding required during last week, but there's been no sign of them.

We're also having some fencing done and we gave the supplier the go ahead in August with a quoted 6 to 8 week delivery, say, mid to late October. I rang last week and they're saying it will be at least 4 weeks, putting it to mid November. Interestingly, on their quote they have a rider saying the labour element is fixed but the timber element may increase in price due to the volatility of the market.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

• 2 weeks later...

Used prima once !!! Great service other than waiting time , second time ordered part told 4/5 week lead time 3 weeks later email saying item no longer available obsolete , went on to leasure spares item available cheaper ordered Monday delivered Tuesday can't fault leasure spares prima need to up their game.

Recently went on they're website looking for replacement gas struts for the skylight on our Pageant, came up at just short of £20 each! 2 required so just shy of £40!!!

Got a identical pair from EBay for £14, a saving of £26!!

1 hour ago, Mr Grumpy said:

Recently went on they're website looking for replacement gas struts for the skylight on our Pageant, came up at just short of £20 each! 2 required so just shy of £40!!!

Got a identical pair from EBay for £14, a saving of £26!!

That's a normal sort of Ebay saving, though you can have probs if it's the wrong item or if it fails quickly, whereas Prima would cover you in such circumstances. Similar car spare savings are  a regular Ebay occurrence.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

1 hour ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

That's a normal sort of Ebay saving, though you can have probs if it's the wrong item or if it fails quickly, whereas Prima would cover you in such circumstances. Similar car spare savings are  a regular Ebay occurrence.

Perhaps they would cover you. So long as your life didn't expire waiting for them to answer an email.

I think that many manufacturers (and not just Caravan ones) get a fair bit of unfair criticism for long lead in times for spares. Caravan wise most fittings such as fridges, heaters, windows etc are “bought in” from third party suppliers . People then complain about being unable to get a  “scranging valve” for the cooker in their Bailey from Prima Leisure! When Prima cannot get any spares from the makers of the cooker, who probably buy many of their components from yet another  parts manufacturer  (probably based in China) 

I was at my dealers yesterday and was told that Bailey have a warehouse rammed full of brand new caravans that are all complete except for the total lack of any windows which are on lengthy back-order from whoever makes them ! :rolleyes: 

So don’t break any of your Caravan windows as there are no spares available at present ;)

The dealer said he  has had a few orders for new caravans cancelled due to predicted build dates of next June :o

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

So exporting all our manufacturing to such as China etc. now catching up with those that did it.

If anyone does need a spare window we have a firm near here that makes spare one so I guess there will be others doing the same so no need to call Bailey.   

Bailey possibly not ordered extra anyway!

There are obviously some supply difficulties due to Covid and Brexit but I also believe that some manufacturers and dealers in some situations are hiding behind these excuses. When my van was serviced by a mobile engineer back in early July he identified a grumbling wheel bearing (1 out of 4 so obviously not right on a new van). I submitted a warranty claim to my dealer asking for the part to be sent to me (dealer is a long way away so I was prepared to stand the cost to have it fitted locally by my mobile engineer). I still haven't received the part though it is promised! That's a 4 month delay and this for a £25 bearing I could order online and have delivered within 2 days. It's only the principle of warranty that has stopped me just buying it.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco