Anyone use an air fryer?

Hi all, 

Not quite cookers & microwaves, but does anyone use an air fryer in their caravan?  People keep telling us how wonderful they are at home, but we've not dipped our toe in yet - and then got thinking they may be good for the caravan, nice crispy chips on a winters evening etc....

Just wondered if anyone had a recommendation? 

Thanks!

Personally no! We have one at home, and we stopped using it! 
Very much overrated bit of kit!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

We have a Tower T17023 (1000w) for home and now caravan use as well. Currently £34.99 in Argos. Works for us. You can do oven chips in them as well as chips from peeled potatoes.

Edited by Lagerorwine

Awesome piece of kit.

We have two Tefal Actifry Originals. One at home and one in the wobble box.

Use them for roast spuds, chips and Mediterranean mixed vegetables mainly but understand they are much more versatile than that.

Thing is you cook a large portion of chips with probably 4 or 5 ml of Olive oil so not only convenient extremely healthy.

Always take our air fryer with us on holiday and coincidentally had omelette and chips for dinner in our caravan tonight. Makes very tasty chips. It was £35 from lidl. They had one of those all in one ice cream makers in last week for around £50. I was tempted. 

If anybody wants ours they are welcome to it for nowt!

BS37

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

I have often wondered about the claims that air fryers use les oil than deep fryers.  It is true that they only require a small amount of oil to operate but all of that oil is consumed with the food whereas, although a deep fryer contains more oil, the majority of it is left behind and reused.

I appreciate that an air fryer has advantages in a caravan due to the problems transporting a conventional chip pan and its contents.

We  found it did crisp foods but so far as chips went we found they were very dry.

hence passed on .

Bought an Aldi one a few months ago. Did not like it at all and sold it on within 7 days.

Frank

58 minutes ago, DACS said:

I appreciate that an air fryer has advantages in a caravan due to the problems transporting a conventional chip pan and its contents.

Slightly off topic but we have a small deep fat fryer in which we use Trex vegetable fat for the MH. This has the advantage that when cold the oil solidifies (looks like lard) so allows safe transportation within the fryer to the next site.

Whether it is healthier or not I could not say but it is certainly convenient for occasional use in the MH.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

We use ours regularly at home, not taken out in the van yet. Great piece of kit!