Watta waste

Sonar

The underside waste pipes come from the shower the bathroom sink and the sink.

they are very slow to empty. . Extremely slow..

three pipes exit through the floor then snake down the the middle of the caravan  underside towards the front then exits the biggest hole in the chassis then return back about two or so feet the the off side of the van and then into the waste connector outlets.

so the water has a fair way to go. Approx 10 foot run or more. Plus a number of easy bends.  More or less a level run if the van is sited level..

an easy fix is to take the three outlets and return them to the rear or the van a run of approx one foot on two pipes and about two foot on the shower pipe.

out to the rear of the van.

so waste water should empty quicker.

all three waste outlet connectors will only have a pipe into the waste water container when on site.

as per the existing now.

Any disadvantages to relocating the pipes.

I am sure I had a van with rear waste connectors before but would have been sometime ago.

the wind up steady legs will still be the lowest rear points.

savedImage 9.jpg

savedImage 11.jpg

savedImage 10.jpg

Edited by Sonar

I did something similar on a previous caravan. The problem comes if you try and make the waste delivery neater by putting all 3 pipes into a single 3-way pipe that goes into the waste container. If the pipe run fills with waste water e.g. from the kitchen sink, it is possible for the shower (being the lowest drain) to back-fill with washing up water. Solve it by giving the kitchen drain a dedicated pipe into the waste water container. Trust me on this, your caravanning companion(s) will throw a wobbly if the shower tray fills with washing up water. :(

Edited by hawkaye

The only down side to rear drains, if parked on sloping pitch, might not have any fall into waste tank, and if on short pitch, might have to fight hedge. 
Midships, behind axle is probably best, but you could replace the convoluted pipe with ridged smooth pipe, to get much better flow

12 minutes ago, hawkaye said:

I did something similar on a previous caravan. The problem comes if you try and make the waste delivery neater by putting all 3 pipes into a single 3-way pipe that goes into the waste container. If the pipe run fills with waste water e.g. from the kitchen sink, it is possible for the shower (being the lowest drain) to back-fill with washing up water. Solve it by giving the kitchen drain a dedicated pipe into the waste water container. Trust me on this, your caravanning companion(s) will throw a wobbly if the shower tray fills with washing up water. :(

Something to think out maybe sink and wc sink into two and a separate pipe for the shower.

thats the arrangement that’s in place at the moment..

trial and error.

12 minutes ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

The only down side to rear drains, if parked on sloping pitch, might not have any fall into waste tank, and if on short pitch, might have to fight hedge. 
Midships, behind axle is probably best, but you could replace the convoluted pipe with ridged smooth pipe, to get much better flow

thanks for the reply 

Again something to think about as for hedge been there done that but I have always had to leave room behind to wind down and wind up the steady legs.

lucky for us the caravan is a. 400  so smaller than a few.

My van has kitchen and bathroom sinks into one outlet and the second outlet just for the shower.

I have always used a connector to run the two pipes from the van outlets in to one pipe into the wastemaster.

Never been a problem before but on the new van the waste water backs up into the shower tray.

Hoping that adjusting the pipe runs might solve it , otherwise will need to run two pipes into the wastemaster without the connector.

13 minutes ago, hp100425ev said:

My van has kitchen and bathroom sinks into one outlet and the second outlet just for the shower.

I have always used a connector to run the two pipes from the van outlets in to one pipe into the wastemaster.

Never been a problem before but on the new van the waste water backs up into the shower tray.

Hoping that adjusting the pipe runs might solve it , otherwise will need to run two pipes into the wastemaster without the connector.

Or bung a plug in the showers plug ‘ole ;)

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

31 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Or bung a plug in the showers plug ‘ole ;)

Simple but effective…:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Changed now water is gone fast.

as for having to punch the van tight into a hedge  as per another posting above. Ain’t gonna happen. As I would still have to get to the steady legs and the only way to wind then down is strait on from the back approx a mtr of more away from any hedge..