Manual for my Avondale caravan

I am looking for a manual for my caravan.

I am new to caravans .

it has a bonus plugin system pdu 3 fuse box /charger .

I was away at the weekend ,I plugged my cable into caravan site power point .

the plugs worked fine tv,kettle,phone chargers etc.

I had no lights or running water.

help 

Have a look at the topics at the very top of the Avondale section you have posted this in.

We also gave a resident Avondale guru in Gordon of our fellow Admins who is a wealth of knowledge on the brand.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

So all your 240V mains equipment was working via the 240V  hook up, but none of your 12V equipment that is powered by the battery was.

Check that you actually have a battery and that it is charged. Then check if you have a switch for turning on 12V,  usually near the entrance.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

• Steven changed the title to Manual for my Avondale caravan

Hi Willie,

In essence you need to verify that a 12V supply is available as the items you list all require this. As Steamdrivenandy has said, first ensure that you have a working 12V battery fitted as this is essential. The 240V mains input you refer to provides domestic voltage to the mains equipment and powers a battery charger but is not a 12V power supply in itself. If the battery is in good condition (and charged) then you will need to check if a fuse has failed, and if not investigate the wiring to the various low voltage devices. The ceiling lights run from 12V DC, however there may also be two lamps at the front off your caravan, mounted on the roof lockers, that are mains operated so these should operate without a battery being fitted.

Some background information:

I see from your profile that you have an Avondale Mayfair caravan so let us establish which model of caravan you have. There was a range of caravans called the Mayfair that were produced under the model names Dovey, Shannon, Tweed and Derwent for two years only, 1987 and 1988. These largely shared the same equipment as the Perle range but in a slightly upmarket form. These were identified by a wide yellow band on both sides of the bodywork. Is it one of these that yo have?

Alternatively, as the Mayfair was only produced in small numbers over thirty years ago, it is more likely that you have an Avondale Mayfly (not a Mayfair) in which case it will share the same equipment as other models in the Avondale 'clubman style' range. While a Mayfly is not a bird, this range was known as the 'bird' range as all others in that range were named after birds.

In order to provide a handbook the age of your caravan has first to be established and if it is an Avondale produced after 1992 then there will be a CRiS number etched or stamped into all windows. The tenth character of this VIN is the year identifier so the age can be verified by comparing that with the information on our website

I hope this is useful.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Posted (edited)

It’s an Avondale Mayfair 510-5

the etching on the windows are

SGASOOO

AV7000XXXX.

There is a battery fitted I bought it from Halfords a year ago.

Thanks for all the replys

Edited by Gordon
section of CRiS number unique to your caravan edited to XXXX

So that is a 2007 production year so please feel free to download the 2008 pdf file from the pinned topic.

The 510-5 is in the Dart range of caravans and should look like the thumbnail image below

image.png

The wiring diagram for your caravan is shown below.

2007 Dart Wiring.jpg

The earlier advice to trace the wiring and check fuses still stands but if after doing that the problem remains, please tell us and we'll do our best to assist.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Thank you 😊 

Thank you 😊 think I have found the problem .

the fuses were slack .they weren’t sitting properly.

I have ordered new fuse holders off Amazon.

Thanks for the update Nice_thumbs_up.gif