Fitting Powrtouch to a lunar caravan

Hello has anyone fitted or got powrtouch motor movers to a lunar clubman si? I am in the process of doing this and just wondered where the controller is mounted and how the wires route to the inside 
Many thanks 
Gary 

Not had a Lunar caravan but have others with movers and fitters have put the control boxes on the floor under seat very near to battery box.

Wires go through floor to the mover.

The aerial wire dangles down through a drilled hole.

I put under the front seat in mine, right next to the battery box to make the wiring easier.

As for the wires, there was a floor vent underneath the electric distribution box. So i opened up the cover for that and fed the wires through that floor vent.

• 1 month later...

I have just bought a 2016 Lunar Clubman from a dealer who fitted a new Powrtouch Mover for me. We tried the caravan out on a site close to the dealer for a couple of nights and all was well. However when we arrived  home the mover would not work. As a first step in getting the mover to work I took the battery off and had it on charge for a day and a night until the charger said 'Full' . The  battery  showed 12.7v on a multimeter, but when I put the battery back the mover would still not work and no lights showed on the control box. I then rang Powrtouch and they started to talk me through the process of getting it to work but the guy said 'its not getting any power. Check your battery connection'. I did this and could see not problems with the connections but I think he is right and the unit is  not getting any power as no lights are showing on the control box. Or it could be a fault with the control box of course. Do you think  Powrtouch come out to fix this?

You need to go back to the dealer that fitted it. Apart from their legal obligations, they should address any issues with your purchase as part of an after sales responsibility to customers.

Edited by Legal Eagle

fwiw,  we had a new powr touch in 2019 and I noticed that if you fit the mover yourself you are covered for parts for 5 years ,  however if a dealer or similar fits it then you are covered for parts and labour for 5 years. 

2 hours ago, Mobilemule42 said:

I have just bought a 2016 Lunar Clubman from a dealer who fitted a new Powrtouch Mover for me. We tried the caravan out on a site close to the dealer for a couple of nights and all was well. However when we arrived  home the mover would not work. As a first step in getting the mover to work I took the battery off and had it on charge for a day and a night until the charger said 'Full' . The  battery  showed 12.7v on a multimeter, but when I put the battery back the mover would still not work and no lights showed on the control box. I then rang Powrtouch and they started to talk me through the process of getting it to work but the guy said 'its not getting any power. Check your battery connection'. I did this and could see not problems with the connections but I think he is right and the unit is  not getting any power as no lights are showing on the control box. Or it could be a fault with the control box of course. Do you think  Powrtouch come out to fix this?

Just wondered if your van is fitted with a battery fuse, they are often in or hidden near the battery compartment I think. If so it could be that the fuse you have is not rated for the 100+ amps a mover can draw? It might have given up the ghost after a few overloaded uses? If youve got a multimeter you should be able to check the movers power feed for 12v at its terminals, and later check any fuse for being blown with the continuity beep function,

Steve

Edited by steve2021

You have turned on the isolation switch?  
Check all the wires are tight at each terminal. Just wiggle the wires where they terminate. Any movement is wrong and needs tightening 

Thank you all for your suggestions to my Powrtouch Mover problem. Well you live and learn and with a little help from Powrtouch technical people the problem has been solved. Between us the Powrtouch technical people and myself felt sure it was a supply problem not a fault with Powrtouch equipment. We went through all the normal tests and trials to get the system working without success until the technical person asked me about the isolation key. I explained that I had somehow come away from the dealer who had supplied the caravan and had fitted the mover without a key so rather than make journey of 30miles,  I  purchased one one line from Amazon. It turned out that this was the problem as Powrtouch isolation keys are longer and go deeper into the switch than other mover keys.  So my isolation key was not switching the control box on. To confirm this he asked me to push a pen into the isolation switch and hold it there whilst switching the mover control on and pressing the forward key. Hey presto the mover motors spun into action and the rollers started to revolve. I await delivery of a genuine Powrtouch Isolation Key in the post.

Below is a photo of the key I bought from Amazon. It looks fine but it didn't work my moverimage.png.9e33ff517a2bd2d4a2a7dfe80222b054.png