Jump to content

Passe Sanitaire/NHS App proof of vaccination required if you want to use a campsite pool/restaurant/bar with immediate effect


Recommended Posts

The French Passe Sanitaire or the NHS App proof of vaccination will now, with immediate effect at some, have to be shown on arrival at many French campsites if you wish to use any of the communal facilities including the shower blocks, restaurant, bar, swimming pool, etc.  https://www.linternaute.com/sortir/magazine/2538272-pass-sanitaire-musees-salles-de-sport-masque-ce-qui-change-ce-mercredi/

But it is now possible to upload your NHS App proof of vaccination QR codes (2) to the Tousanticovid App, and it can be done quickly if you have the NHS App on one phone and Tousanticovid on the other.  The French App is in English, and it's simple enough and the scan works well but not with a printed copy of the QR codes.  The NHS App is accepted as proof but it may be simpler all round to use the French version and upload the codes from the Travel section of the NHS App.

My French friend Jean-Pierre was supposed to be playing in a band at Pavilion Royal campsite in Bidart tonight, but the event has been cancelled because too many French people don't yet have the App, either because they refuse to use it, or because they're not vaccinated.  There is no mention, yet, of this on the Pavilion Royal campsite website.

Edited by ValA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst i totally understand, and i totally disagree.

 

The last time we were marked clean and unclean they used little yellow stars sewn onto clothes.

 

I expect a flood of false news stories now on the main news channels to blame non supporters with spreading covid strains. The BBC is well up for this sort of false news.

Edited by Steven
Removal of political opinion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is going down like a lead balloon in France & the French are revolting. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Camperdom said:

This is going down like a lead balloon in France & the French are revolting. :D

Yes, I agree.  There are demonstrations being organised locally here in the Aude because of the depth of feeling!  With the main thrust of the argument being much as suggested by HedgerowPete 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ValA said:

The NHS App is accepted as proof but it may be simpler all round to use the French version and upload the codes from the Travel section of the NHS App.

. . . and if you do not have a smart phone . . . ?

It will not affect me personally as I have no plan to leave the UK anytime soon BUT doubtless others will. There was a time when I would visit France every couple of months but I have not done so since the migration situation kicked off problems at the ports - something that appears to have been conveniently forgotten about since Covid.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The French have always been revolting, in more ways than one ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Gordon said:

. . . and if you do not have a smart phone . . . ?

It will not affect me personally as I have no plan to leave the UK anytime soon BUT doubtless others will. There was a time when I would visit France every couple of months but I have not done so since the migration situation kicked off problems at the ports - something that appears to have been conveniently forgotten about since Covid.

There is an easy way to avoid migrant problems, don't use Calais. I have seen some around Ouistreham but as yet the port has not yet turned into an armed camp

Thanks Val for the information, as one who intends traveling in the near future the more the better. Anything  that makes life easier I am up for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, David in Cheshire said:

There is an easy way to avoid migrant problems, don't use Calais. I have seen some around Ouistreham but as yet the port has not yet turned into an armed camp

Agree, and the French police at Ouistreham examine every caravan and motorhome for stowaways before allowing them through the security gates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hedgerowpete said:

Whilst i totally understand, and i totally disagree.

 

The last time we were marked clean and unclean they used little yellow stars sewn onto clothes.

 

I expect a flood of false news stories now on the main news channels to blame non supporters with spreading covid strains. The BBC is well up for this sort of false news.

I care not at all how much refusniks" are inconvenienced. Anyone stupid enough to refuse a vaccine that can and is the only way to protect society and the vunerable who cant have it gets no sympathy from me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ValA said:

Yes, I agree.  There are demonstrations being organised locally here in the Aude because of the depth of feeling!  With the main thrust of the argument being much as suggested by HedgerowPete 


Compulsory vaccination certificates are nothing new in France. All children have been required to have proof of vaccination against all sorts of diseases in order to be admitted to state schools - this has been the case for many years. Parents complied with this rule and the children started school.  But now  the grown ups are making a fuss because they need proof of vaccination too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I'll stick to the WHO international certificate of vaccination that I was issued with years ago and which I have always submitted when entering countries where vaccination of any sort is compulsory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, moorgate said:


Compulsory vaccination certificates are nothing new in France. All children have been required to have proof of vaccination against all sorts of diseases in order to be admitted to state schools - this has been the case for many years. Parents complied with this rule and the children started school.  But now  the grown ups are making a fuss because they need proof of vaccination too.

 

 

 

Today everyone has appointed themselves experts and use the internet to decide what is the best for them, just think MMR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, David in Cheshire said:

I care not at all how much refusniks" are inconvenienced. Anyone stupid enough to refuse a vaccine that can and is the only way to protect society and the vunerable who cant have it gets no sympathy from me.

:goodpost:  Ditto

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, David in Cheshire said:

I care not at all how much refusniks" are inconvenienced. Anyone stupid enough to refuse a vaccine that can and is the only way to protect society and the vunerable who cant have it gets no sympathy from me.

Yep!:Plus1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reality though is that it is all ok here. Arrived at our next Dordogne campsite  today. For first time we were asked if we were vacced. I offered to show her NHS app but she wern’t bothered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So there not bothered so long as they get paid then.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, David in Cheshire said:

I care not at all how much refusniks" are inconvenienced. Anyone stupid enough to refuse a vaccine that can and is the only way to protect society and the vunerable who cant have it gets no sympathy from me.

 

I think that even if you don't agree with their attitude it's a bit steep to decry them all collectively as stupid. I know several who only arrived at their decision after much deliberation and often weeks of research. It certainly wasn't an easy decision for them. One of my sisters-in-law was even medically advised not to be vaccinated on account of her condition and my wife was advised to wait until completion of her course of treatment.

Edited by Lutz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, David in Cheshire said:

There is an easy way to avoid migrant problems, don't use Calais. I have seen some around Ouistreham but as yet the port has not yet turned into an armed camp

22 hours ago, MalH said:

Agree, and the French police at Ouistreham examine every caravan and motorhome for stowaways before allowing them through the security gates.

I totally agree that an alternative port would possibly have eliminated the harassment we experienced at both Dunkirk and Calais but when on a day trip the longer crossings are not viable. As a consequence of the last day trip in our open-top car, when my wife and daughter both felt threatened when the French Police directed us into a holding area where we were surrounded by migrants, 

we took the decision to avoid a repetition by not using Calais for day trips. The other obvious route would be the tunnel but that option is not available to us as our current car is propelled by LPG, therefore banned from using the tunnel, despite LPG being permitted for domestic use with motorhomes and caravans.

But this is not the thread to be discussing migrants. the topic is about proving you've been vaccinated, and what paperwork is needed for access to the facilities on French campsites. We have been vaccinated twice and I have a paper copy of the "NHS Covid Pass" but it will certainly not be used anytime soon for travel abroad.

image.png

 

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gordon said:

I totally agree that an alternative port would possibly have eliminated the harassment we experienced at both Dunkirk and Calais but when on a day trip the longer crossings are not viable. As a consequence of the last day trip in our open-top car, when my wife and daughter both felt threatened when the French Police directed us into a holding area where we were surrounded by migrants, 

we took the decision to avoid a repetition by not using Calais for day trips. The other obvious route would be the tunnel but that option is not available to us as our current car is propelled by LPG, therefore banned from using the tunnel, despite LPG being permitted for domestic use with motorhomes and caravans.

But this is not the thread to be discussing migrants. the topic is about proving you've been vaccinated, and what paperwork is needed for access to the facilities on French campsites. We have been vaccinated twice and I have a paper copy of the "NHS Covid Pass" but it will certainly not be used anytime soon for travel abroad.

image.png

 

I understand perfectly Gordon and I have to say it would only have happened once to put us off going.

12 hours ago, Lutz said:

 

I think that even if you don't agree with their attitude it's a bit steep to decry them all collectively as stupid. I know several who only arrived at their decision after much deliberation and often weeks of research. It certainly wasn't an easy decision for them. One of my sisters-in-law was even medically advised not to be vaccinated on account of her condition and my wife was advised to wait until completion of her course of treatment.

Those acting on medical advice I understand Lutz indeed a member of my family was in the same position and my disabled daughter, so convinced were we that her life depended upon had it we encouraged the doctors to give it forcibly . However I don't buy the personal independent research  approach not when the finest brains in the world have had  unlimited funds given to tackle this and I would support making it compulsory as was the case   with Typhoid in this county when I was born.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, David in Cheshire said:

I understand perfectly Gordon and I have to say it would only have happened once to put us off going.

Those acting on medical advice I understand Lutz indeed a member of my family was in the same position and my disabled daughter, so convinced were we that her life depended upon had it we encouraged the doctors to give it forcibly . However I don't buy the personal independent research  approach not when the finest brains in the world have had  unlimited funds given to tackle this and I would support making it compulsory as was the case   with Typhoid in this county when I was born.

 

I don't question the integrity of what you call "the finest brains in the world", but even they can only go by the level of information known so far. There is no such thing as a vaccine without any side effects and I know a couple of people that are so scared of them, that they rate the risk of not being vaccinated lower than the risk of the catching the virus. That's their decision and I'm not going to condemn them for it. After all, over 800 people have died as a direct consequence of being vaccinated in this country even though considerably more have died by contracting the virus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lutz said:

 

I don't question the integrity of what you call "the finest brains in the world", but even they can only go by the level of information known so far. 

 

 

You may want to read this article - How did we develop a COVID-19 vaccine so quickly?                          

Quoted extract below

 

Quote

 

Other coronaviruses

Researchers were not starting from scratch when they learned about SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

SARS-CoV-2 is a member of the coronavirus family. According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Trusted Source, there are hundreds of coronaviruses — including four that can cause the common cold, as well as the coronaviruses that sparked the SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, epidemic in 2002 and the emergence of MERS, or Middle East respiratory syndrome, in 2012.

Dr. Eric J. Yager, an associate professor of microbiology at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Albany, NY, told MNT that scientists have been studying coronaviruses for over 50 years. This meant scientists had existing data on the structure, genome, and life cycle of this type of virus.

Dr. Yager explained, “Research on these viruses established the importance of the viral spike (S) protein in viral attachment, fusion, and entry, and identified the S proteins as a target for the development of antibody therapies and vaccines.” He continued:

“Early efforts by scientists at Oxford University to create an adenovirus-based vaccine against MERS provided the necessary experimental experience and groundwork to develop an adenovirus vaccine for COVID-19.”

Worldwide collaboration

Under normal circumstances, making a vaccine can take up to 10–15 years. This is because of the complexity of vaccine development.

Dr. Michael Parry, the chair of Infectious Diseases at Stamford Health in Stamford, CT, told MNT that vaccines train our immune system to remember an infectious agent — without our having to contract it.

“Traditionally, they have contained weakened or inactivated parts of a particular virus (antigen) to trigger an immune response within the body. These vaccines will prompt the immune system to respond, much as it would have on its first reaction to the actual pathogen.”

However, amid a global pandemic, time was a luxury the world could not afford. Researchers quickly mobilized to share their coronavirus data with other scientists.

Dr. Yager said that thanks to advances in genomic sequencing, researchers successfully uncovered the viral sequence of SARS-CoV-2 in January 2020 — roughly 10 days after the first reported pneumonia cases in Wuhan, China. The ability to fast-track research and clinical trials was a direct result of this worldwide cooperation.

Funding for COVID-19 vaccine research

Vaccine research is costly. In 2018, a study in The Lancet Global Health Trusted Source estimated the cost of early development and initial clinical safety trials for a typical vaccine to be in the range of 31–$68 million. Large scale trials to determine the efficacy of a vaccine candidate would add to these figures.

In an accelerated timetable with a new coronavirus, this cost might be higher. For this reason, funding ranging from the government to the private sector is critical in making COVID-19 vaccines.

In the U.S., Operation Warp Speed (OWS) partnered with multiple institutions, including the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to develop, manufacture, and distribute 300 million doses by early next year.

“By providing resources and assuming the financial risk, OWS allows companies to produce and stockpile vaccine doses even before the company knows if the vaccine is going to work,” said Dr. Yager.

“Also, by investing in multiple companies and vaccine platforms at once, OWS increased the odds of having a vaccine, or vaccines, available by the beginning of 2021,” he added.

The European Commission have also funded several vaccine candidates and worked with others in pledging $8 billion for COVID-19 research.

The UK government Vaccine Taskforce have also been a significant contributor to a wide variety of vaccine research. Recipients of this funding helped develop the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine. The designers of this vaccine were the first to publish peer reviewed efficacy results Trusted Source from phase 3 trials.

 

 

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/07/2021 at 07:47, Camperdom said:

This is going down like a lead balloon in France & the French are revolting. :D

It's not going well in Italy too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...