Shower tray leak - 2019 Swift Celeste 565

pfr

Was away last week in Lakes when had heavy flooding from underneath shower tray. At first suspected known issue with leaking shower taps / pipes but the pump was not running and the washroom / bedroom stayed dry when shower not in use. It seemed to be the shower tray / waste outlet. Phoned our dealer on Thursday and they said bring it in as soon as I can and they would try to fix whilst we waited. Took it in yesterday (Monday) morning. They confirmed it was not taps and they removed the whole shower tray, cleaned and resealed including waste outlet within 3 hours.  Will check it is ok in a few days when sealant has had chance to set. Once again very disappointed by the van build quality but very impressed with the excellent service we have had from the dealer Salop Leisure with this and other problems.

Frank

• 4 months later...

Saw the problem that you had with you Celeste 565 leaking shower, did the reseal that Salop Leisure do for you work.
I have a 2019 Loxwood 565 leaking shower problem from under the shower tray,
Dealer tried 3 times, they never offered/suggested taking the tray out completely, so the side panel between the tray and the wash basin subsequently was blown by water seepage.
Then to Swifts for reseal and replacement of side panel, I don't think they even removed the whole tray and despite asking they dont't give a direct answer. 
Back to dealer, Swifts repair resulted in two leakages, which dealer has fixed.
Just hoping they have now cured the problem.

1 hour ago, brinkworth said:

Saw the problem that you had with you Celeste 565 leaking shower, did the reseal that Salop Leisure do for you work.
I have a 2019 Loxwood 565 leaking shower problem from under the shower tray,
Dealer tried 3 times, they never offered/suggested taking the tray out completely, so the side panel between the tray and the wash basin subsequently was blown by water seepage.
Then to Swifts for reseal and replacement of side panel, I don't think they even removed the whole tray and despite asking they dont't give a direct answer. 
Back to dealer, Swifts repair resulted in two leakages, which dealer has fixed.
Just hoping they have now cured the problem.

We have used the van regularly since shower repair and it has not leaked again. Looking at the construction of the shower cubicle I am not sure that our tray was actually removed and refitted but dealer said it was. However the complete resealing of the tray seems to have solved the problem so fingers crossed all will be well in future.

Frank

Thank you for the reply. Mine was leaking from behind the riser support panel in the front left corner and seeped through onto the panelling, just hope they have rectified it this time, Love the van, but not  Swifts.