Please help, I don’t understand how many things work

Hi everyone 

Hope this message finds you well. 
3000km journey ahead in an hour (with two young kids) and I still can’t understand how many things work in the caravan. 
We have a 1994 hobby prestige 545. 

When I connect a battery(a big car battery-not agm) to the caravan things seems to work(radio-water pump-fridge) but I don’t think it’s charging when the car is hooked on and connected. I measured the volts with an amp meter and it is not increasing when connected to the car. 

Later I figured that the caravan has a device called matti automatic under the bed. I guess it is a device to charge the battery  from normal electricity connection 230V. But it also doesn’t seem to work when all is connected. (The lights on it is not on)

-and The amp meter doesn’t show an increase in voltage.

There is another device called ps-134 regulated power supply which I have no idea what it does. I suspect it’s a regulator for electricity but did not see an effect of it in any situation. 

Lastly ignition -spark system seems not to work. In the past fridge used to work on gas, the stove used to ignite with the press of a button but now none of it seems to work neither connected to electricity nor battery. I could not find how the ignition system is powered, there aren’t any batteries around. This is a pity because then we can’t cook the fridge on the trip. 

Lastly I figured that after running the fridge on battery for half an hour the cables of the battery were hot. I am not sure if I dare to keep it on during the ride. But maybe should I? What if the charging only kicks in when the car has had run a long time(Passat b6), or after the battery voltage falls down to a certain level?

This young family desperately needs some advice from more experienced caravaners. This is our first caravan and we have never been on one before. 

A billion thanks in advance

all the best

umit

B0F5D83C-D1A9-49F7-A4A1-F6C10C7361E4.png

4801A14E-CAC7-4563-9F7E-4A3716EB02CA.png

F2AD4299-428E-4653-AC05-F72704069642.png

OP is leaving in an hour do has presumably gone? 

Also, he is in Denmark. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

3000 Km trip, first time out with a caravan, 1 hour for responses. Got to be a wind up surely?? 

8 hours ago, umitorhan said:

This is our first caravan and we have never been on one before.

You should have kept the caravan you towed to Crete.   Or the one you towed to Turkey. ;)

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Umitorhan has asked that he explains his post so topic now unlocked and clear. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thank you for your personal message umitorhan.   I don't see how I can help you.   Sorry!

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com