Caravan stop in New Forest?

I am travelling from Poole to Lee Valley tomorrow morning. We can't arrive at Lee Valley early so need to kill some time. I wondered if anyone could advise me whether I can park up in the New Forest for a coupe of hours? 

In Lyndhurst opposite the fire station there is a car park.

Between Bartley and Totton  there is an area used by truckers to park up, as you come out of Bartley it is on the road to Totton just after you get into the 50mph area on the left. Rownhams services on the M27

macafee2

14 hours ago, Linda Swift Challenger said:

. I wondered if anyone could advise me whether I can park up in the New Forest for a coupe of hours? 

I don't see the point.   By the time you reach the New Forest you'll only have done 30 miles.   You still have another 100 or so still to do.   If it were me, I'd be looking for a stop nearer to the destination.  

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Another new member that makes a post and does not reply.

I have never known a forum like it, his one seems really bad for it.

macafee2

42 minutes ago, macafee2 said:

Another new member that makes a post and does not reply.

That's because she's already set off - and has presumably arrived :D.......................... But at the same time I know what you mean about posters who post - then don't return.   And I agree!

Edited by Jaydug

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

I'm very sorry if I offended by not replying. We didn't have the confidence to look for a spot in the New Forest and I rang the destination and they said they would be happy for us to arrive early. I think we will be making a separate trip to the New Forest so will research suitablewquiet campsites. 

In the end we broke the journey at Fleet service station. Lovely shady spot under the trees to cool off. 

Good job as when we got towards London we got horrendously held up in traffic. Thank God for a comfortable car and interesting podcasts! 

Thank you for your input and I hope to join in chat in the future. I'm sure I will need you guys as I am a novice! 😀 

57 minutes ago, Linda Swift Challenger said:

I'm very sorry if I offended by not replying. We didn't have the confidence to look for a spot in the New Forest and I rang the destination and they said they would be happy for us to arrive early. I think we will be making a separate trip to the New Forest so will research suitablewquiet campsites. 

In the end we broke the journey at Fleet service station. Lovely shady spot under the trees to cool off. 

Good job as when we got towards London we got horrendously held up in traffic. Thank God for a comfortable car and interesting podcasts! 

Thank you for your input and I hope to join in chat in the future. I'm sure I will need you guys as I am a novice! 😀 

No one is offended Linda, it was not a personal comment but many thanks for popping back and updating, glad to hear your sticking around. Welcome aboard! 

Cheers, Martin