bird droppings (again)

I have searched but not found exactly what I'm looking for (or rather I got fed up of having to wait 30 seconds before I could view the next thread).

Anyway, just returned from a site with a fair few pigeons.

On washing the caravan discovered unsurprisingly that they had left their brown calling cards.

Snow foam and wash removed the solids and about 70% of the brown stains.  Autoglym removed most of the remainder but I am still left with many visible light brown marks.

Reluctant to use anything more abrasive or containing bleach.

The caravan is a 2017 Bailey which has a solid moulded roof which apparently I could stand on, but at my age probably not a wise move.

Anyone had this issue and can give advice as to what to use?

Thanks

Send a PM to “Tourershine” who is a member of this forum and exceedingly knowledgeable about this very subject. 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Our van, with a fibreglass lid for its roof, came from storage showing the evidence of some large raptor having a favourite stance in the tree above.
A day towing it across Northumberland in drenching rain washed it beautifully clean! No chemicals needed. :D

Starbright bird stain remover is supposedly good for removing bird dropping stains, I know that coastal boaters use it where they are particularly plagued with heavy calibre offerings from gulls and the like.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

Griff

Not heard if this product, but sounds ideal.  Will follow up.

Thanks

The brown poo is not the worst. It’s the blue purple content during the elderberry season. Apparently elderberry stain is the hardest to remove from plastic.
How do I know this?

Spent an hour trying to remove purple marks on a white upvc window sill this morning that had clearly been there since last year, using the best (and normally very efficient) upvc cleaning fluid on the market. The stain is still there.

The wife, who is a fount of knowledge, informed me of this ‘known’ fact about elderberry stain ( I’ve clearly led a sheltered life). 

Beware of blue poo!

No matter what the contents it’s best practice to remove bird droppings (especially that left by shy-talks) from any surface as quickly as possible. It can/does have a very high acidic content and it etches Car lacquer/paint very quickly if left in situ.

Blackberry season is just as bad as elderberry season :angry:

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.