Has anyone cancelled their CC insurance

Has anyone cancelled their CC insurance, ive sold my caravan however as i paid monthly their policy small print states i have to continue paying for a service no longer required, if id paid in full i could have a refund less fees and months already spent on the policy??

I'd put a complaint in writing to the DG. I can understand, maybe, paying until you'd covered the income they could expect if you'd been an annual payer and due a refund, but to carry on 'til the full 12 months when the risk has gone is just not justified. You could cancel your direct debit at the bank and even ask the bank for a refund of any payments since you sold the van and under direct debit rules the bank must comply. Then see if the CC come after you for payment. 

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Have you actually spoken to the CC and asked them, or are you making your assumptions based on your interpretation of the small print?

Asking on here will only get you opinions, you need to speak to the CC for the definitive answer.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

1 minute ago, Steven said:

Have you actually spoken to the CC and asked them, or are you making your assumptions based on your interpretation of the small print?

Asking on here will only get you opinions, you need to speak to the CC for the definitive answer.

:goodpost:

Beat me to it!

I do wonder if the problem is that the premium is paid by a finance company and you are in practice paying back a loan.  This is fairly common in the insurance industry and can catch out people who have not checked the conditions. 

I would write and ask though, but certainly the service incudes interest which you would pay on a loan. 

10 hours ago, Simon O said:

Has anyone cancelled their CC insurance, ive sold my caravan however as i paid monthly their policy small print states i have to continue paying for a service no longer required, if id paid in full i could have a refund less fees and months already spent on the policy??

Well if it's clear on your agreement that's it.

It's the same with electric / gas also Broadband/phone that there can be penalties if cancelling before the contract period up.

Posted (edited)

Totally see the point youve made, it just seems odd that it only applies to monthly payment not a one off .... So theyll give you money back, but refuse to stop taking it?? Even with paying a penalty

Edited by Simon O
Spelling error

Ring them and argue the toss. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

9 hours ago, Wildwood said:

I do wonder if the problem is that the premium is paid by a finance company and you are in practice paying back a loan.  This is fairly common in the insurance industry and can catch out people who have not checked the conditions. 

I would write and ask though, but certainly the service incudes interest which you would pay on a loan. 

That was my thought as well. If the system is that the finance company pays the Club in full at the start of the policy your debt is with the finance company? However as everyone says talk to the Club. I assume you are still a member?

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

The loan idea seems to be a really plausible explanation thankyou...

Just now, Simon O said:

The loan idea seems to be a really plausible explanation thankyou...

Have you actually been told you have to continue paying or is it your interpretation of the wording?

Page 4 of the Caravan Cover Policy allows cancellation unless a claim has been made in which case the full amount must be paid. I can see no requirement to continue monthly payments if you cancel and have made no claim. Presumably any separate credit information will state the same. 

Hi Simon I have just done the same thing i rang them and canceled the policy and my CC membership i also paid monthly for both my insurance had just renewed  and because i had not exceed 14 days they refunded me the month i had paid they also canceled my Membership there and then and refunded me 2 weeks on that also the refund for both went back into my bank the next day

14 hours ago, myone said:

Hi Simon I have just done the same thing i rang them and canceled the policy and my CC membership i also paid monthly for both my insurance had just renewed  and because i had not exceed 14 days they refunded me the month i had paid they also canceled my Membership there and then and refunded me 2 weeks on that also the refund for both went back into my bank the next day

Your policy included a 14 day cancellation clause so not comparable with the op's situation.

If you are worried about this, check all policies where you are paying monthly.  

In looking at our Caravan & Motorhome Club policy the credit information states that the Creditor is The Caravan Club Ltd (regulated by the FCA), so it is not underwritten or provided by any third party.

Confirming what Legal Eagle has posted, there is nothing in the documentation that says that you have the full premium to pay if you cancel other than if you have made a claim, so I would suggest as I said in my first post - the OP contacts the C&MC and ask them, we could go on for days trying to second guess.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.