Car connection - extra lead

ConMag

Hi, anyone got any idaa what this extra lead is/was for? Its on an ACE 530 Celebration 2004. Thanks.

Extra Lead.jpg

your plug looks like it is a seven pin, does the grey cable do what a second 7? pin plug will do such as operate a fridge and battery charging?  Should there be another 7 pin plug and it has been lost or removed?

what do the labels say on the fuses or relays?

macafee2

Edited by macafee2

I agree with macafee2 , should be another 7pin plug. Not really needed for towing.

As the others have said, that looks like the 12S cable, used for running the fridge while travelling, 12V supply, reversing lights etc, the other (black, 12N) is for the road lights.

The fact that the plug has been removed and taped up AND the multi-way connection block in the photo makes me suspect there's probably a fault somewhere so it'd be best to check everything before simply adding a plug to it and hoping for the best.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Thanks folks. Yes, the reversing lights dont work! That fuse board is: car batt / car charge / Fridge / reverse. So, should I dismantle this lead or leave alone?