Towing Mirror Recommendations

AndyD68

Hi,

I'm looking for mirror recommendations for a 2016 Audi A6 Avant. Picking up my caravan next week and don't have mirrors yet

My preference is Milenco Aero's (the current version is Milenco Aero 3), used them for years and never had a problem with them.

Milenco Aero or Grand, but you will probably need the special rubber feet bits to fit the VAG mirrors correctly.
I needed them for my 2015 Tiguan , just googled and they are called "F" pads 

https://www.towsure.com/milenco-aero-mirror-f-pad-x-4

Edited by mimo

+1 for Milenco Aeros -  best ever had.  I use a convex head on the nearside for inproved field of view + extra long arms.  This makes for an even better view right down both sides of the van.

I use these cheap and easy to fit requires no additional bits to fit them .

and they spread the load to both the top and bottom of the cars mirror..

and if they get struck by something. Then there’re cheap enough to buy two pairs….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393244310689?epid=1306220064&hash=item5b8f2ffca1:g:978AAOSw92Red4m4

I also use Milenco Grand with the longer arms, convex on both sides. 

You could look at Mirrors made by EMUK they are vehicle specific so probably not for  you if about to change your car and they are quite expensive but I find them a improvement over the Minlenco ones.

Purchased mine from wohnwagan-spiegel.de in NL ordered Monday delivered on the Wednesday select car make from drop down box on left in your case it will be Audi A6 then model and year site is in English any questions give them a call.

Definitely an improvement over Milenco.

23 minutes ago, weekender said:

You could look at Mirrors made by EMUK they are vehicle specific so probably not for  you if about to change your car and they are quite expensive but I find them a improvement over the Minlenco ones.

Purchased mine from wohnwagan-spiegel.de in NL ordered Monday delivered on the Wednesday select car make from drop down box on left in your case it will be Audi A6 then model and year site is in English any questions give them a call.

Definitely an improvement over Milenco.

100% agree with this, vehicle specific so they are rock solid, take seconds to fit and you won't risk damaging the car mirrors.

Repusel also make decent generic mirrors which grip both top and bottom of the car mirror but EMUK are the best IMO.  

I didn't like the Milencos, the clamp system always looked like it was going to crush the mirror housing(Audi A4) and the car lens couldn't be adjusted properly, they were wobbly as well - binned them years ago,  the bag is handy though, the EMUKs didn't come with one.

Picture of my EMUK mirrors it all came in a box with a bag.364677D0-A7C7-4DC6-92F8-25B70A30BD05.thumb.jpeg.a71f4e7e4b423a2ccee06151949f2a0f.jpeg

5 hours ago, Steve05 said:

100% agree with this, vehicle specific so they are rock solid, take seconds to fit and you won't risk damaging the car mirrors.

Repusel also make decent generic mirrors which grip both top and bottom of the car mirror but EMUK are the best IMO.  

I didn't like the Milencos, the clamp system always looked like it was going to crush the mirror housing(Audi A4) and the car lens couldn't be adjusted properly, they were wobbly as well - binned them years ago,  the bag is handy though, the EMUKs didn't come with one.

+3 for EMUK

Cheap and cheerful Maypole MP8327  £37 the pair, do the job. no vibration, light and at the price you won't be upset if you smash or lose them .

Used them on 3 cars but unfortunately not an Audi

A lot of the cheap mirrors do not seem to project very far so wonder how useful/legal they are….. 

If you have any doubts as to the fitting and you are buying from a dealer speak to them to see if they will let you check what fits best. The cost of mirrors is fairly low in the great scheme of things so paying a few pounds more at the dealer to get it right may be worthwhile.

The Milencos are probably the best, but after changing the car and finding the Milencos  not fitting the new car mirrors we had to find another and got cheaper ones that both strapped on and clipped on giving us more confidence in them and despite the smaller mirrors I have found them almost as good.  The choice was more down to what the dealer had as we needed them then and had to get what was there.

Thanks for all the input and advice. Went for the Milenco Aeros in the end