How long should a hose be for water ?

NellyB

Getting ready for first travelling trip in the Camper van.   What has become clear is that  space is a premium with 2 adults and 2 teenagers  plus  all the essential items!  Realised do not have a hose for filling the water tank, at home I use the Garden hose ,  we do not drink water  from tank.  Question how long a hose is practical without being massively  oversized.   Seems to be  a choice of 5m,10m and longer.  

From majority of sites I've been on, I've seen motorhomes parked up at their specific service point, whether filling up or emptying.  I'd say 5m (15ft in old money), certainly no more than 10m (30ft old money)

Get one of these or similar - 10m, compact lightweight, small bore but more than adequate.

hose.jpg.21d124ba621203f6106e1ecc3ce04121.jpg

The proper blue water hose that comes with the Aquaroll float-valve kit is 7m, plus one end has a stop adapter rather than a straight through. They use Gardena instead of Hozelock - it is alleged that the yellow dye used in Hozelock products can be carcinogenic.

I have 2 x 7m Aquaroll hoses and have often had to use them together.

17 hours ago, chinster1957 said:

I have 2 x 7m Aquaroll hoses and have often had to use them together.

:goodpost:

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2021 at 11:31, Orange said:

I have one of these, can be a bit awkward to rewind as both ends are self sealing (have non return valves) but if you put a fitting in the free end any water in the hose can be squeezed out.

I would say a 7-10 flat hose would be sufficient in 99% cases. I have one and I store it wound around the elongated H shaped frames usually used to store electrical cable. Takes up very little room indeed. 

image.jpeg.ffe8b231adbc7d742df668394f8fc870.jpeg

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.