Small circular wood grain cover up stickers

Hi All,

We took delivery of our 2021 Coachman VIP 520 last Saturday 10th July and I noticed a couple of very minor scuffs on the woodwork that could very easily be covered up with the small circular wood grain stickers that Coachman and other manufacturers use.  By chance I found a spare one in one of the drawers which I have used but I wondered if it is possible to purchase these on-line as I have 1 more scuff I'd like to cover over with a sticker.

Many thanks,

thensum

Just Google "stick on screw covers" and you will find loads.  Trouble is - getting the colour / wood grain to match.  I wanted a couple for our van and asked the dealer to see if they could get them from Knaus.  Yes they could - £25 for a sheet of 10!!!! I didn't bother!

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

Have seen them on Amazon, colour match maynot be ideal though but cheap enough to try.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

OK thanks, I'll have a look on Amazon and online.

Sticky fablon  from diy shops may also have something very close in colour sometimes sold by the Mtr.

I needed some when I moved the glass protective screen at side of cooker. Got in touch with Swift, sent pics of where I wanted stickers for and received them in the post for nothing a few days later. So you could always try Coachman directly.

If the caravan is new surely this is warranty and the dealer should supply them?

6 hours ago, madasaman said:

I needed some when I moved the glass protective screen at side of cooker. Got in touch with Swift, sent pics of where I wanted stickers for and received them in the post for nothing a few days later. So you could always try Coachman directly.

Dont hold your breath trying to contact Coachman direct.

I have tried 3 times for various reasons and after receiving an automated response saying they aimed to respond within 48 hours, never heard anything further each time.

OH bought 2 slightly different shades of the cheap Fablon type stuff from wilcos to try it.

one of them is a perfect match for our van and I really mean perfect and oddly the other which is a shade lighter is a perfect match for our son's.

All very well but it does make her insufferable:)

Fablon is how I managed to match some replacement plywood panels years ago

on our very first caravan it was called a mustang shire..

5 hours ago, hp100425ev said:

Dont hold your breath trying to contact Coachman direct.

I have tried 3 times for various reasons and after receiving an automated response saying they aimed to respond within 48 hours, never heard anything further each time.

it's worth a  try contacting Coachman. I needed some of the grey ones that had peeled off on our 2017 Pastiche in 2019 so spoke to Coachman and received some a few days later in the post.

So as I say, for the cost of an email or phone call it's worth a try.

5 hours ago, Yorkshire Man said:

it's worth a  try contacting Coachman. I needed some of the grey ones that had peeled off on our 2017 Pastiche in 2019 so spoke to Coachman and received some a few days later in the post.

So as I say, for the cost of an email or phone call it's worth a try.

Will try Coachman direct, they were quick to respond the other week when I needed updates on the delivery dates etc. 

We had a couple of marks on our new Coachman and the dealer used a wax stick to blend them in.

Am I missing something here? Two brand new caravans with defects (however minor) and you’ve accepted them or are looking to sort them yourselves? There’s no wonder the manufacturers continue to produce the rubbish that they do. If your brand new car arrived with a dent in a door and scuffs on the bumpers would you accept them?

I appreciate that it takes time, effort and finance to return them to the dealers (who put their bills into the manufacturers), but........

Blagged some from EHG for our 2020 Commodore FOC! 

Get your screwdriver out and move on!:D

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nigel207 said:

Am I missing something here? Two brand new caravans with defects (however minor) and you’ve accepted them or are looking to sort them yourselves? There’s no wonder the manufacturers continue to produce the rubbish that they do. If your brand new car arrived with a dent in a door and scuffs on the bumpers would you accept them?

I appreciate that it takes time, effort and finance to return them to the dealers (who put their bills into the manufacturers), but........

The tiny scuff is on the shelf behind where the TV sits in the VIP 520 so only an OCD freak like me would notice it, TBH it'll get covered over with whatever we store on the shelf, so probably don't need the stickers but was just curious where I could get hold of some. Also only noticed it yesterday after collecting the caravan last Sat. Stickers  on eBay at £1.75 for a strip of 25 so I'm happy to do that, or I might ask the dealer for some to be sent in the post FOC.

Edited by thensum

10 hours ago, nigel207 said:

No way would I want the dealer to have started stripping down the bathroom to sort the offending blemish mark as they would probably have caused more damage. Similar to @thensum the blemish was quite small and only noticeable if you were a super sleuth.

11 hours ago, thensum said:

The tiny scuff is on the shelf behind where the TV sits in the VIP 520 so only an OCD freak like me would notice it, TBH it'll get covered over with whatever we store on the shelf, so probably don't need the stickers but was just curious where I could get hold of some. Also only noticed it yesterday after collecting the caravan last Sat. Stickers  on eBay at £1.75 for a strip of 25 so I'm happy to do that, or I might ask the dealer for some to be sent in the post FOC.

I would certainly be getting the dealer to send them to you. Much will depend on the dealer of course. For years we dealt with a brilliant one where nothing was too much trouble and any parts were with them in a matter of days (and if appropriate sent on to me to sort out myself). They didn’t take any nonsense from manufacturers either (I witnessed that first hand). Fast forward to now, and for reasons I won’t go into (or bore you with), the current place that we’ve had the misfortune to deal with couldn’t be much worse - the the point of us seriously considering getting rid altogether or somehow funding a change of caravan.