Public sector worker discount

Flatcoat888

Anyone employed in the public sector and fortunate to be able to buy new should ask about additional discounts or deals. We are going to ‘merge’ our 2 cars into 1 and came across an offer from MG with very good discounts and finance at 2.5%.  Looking to see if anyone else has deals. 

As the NHS is so in favour at the moment, it is well worth NHS staff asking for a better deal.

macafee2

• 2 weeks later...

Vauxhall have a free roadside assistance for NHS workers at the moment, Vauxhall owners only.  Not just breakdowns before the jokers start but any road side assistance. Miss fuelled, puncture etc. 

Amongst other offers too. 

But any other workers, who have worked every day throughout the pandemic can do one….

Posted (edited)

However unfair it may be to the private sector (and it is) who pay for the public sector to exist, the NHS is now an almost untouchable religious organisation to be served by everyone instead of an organisation to serve everyone. 

Edited by Flatcoat888

• WispMan changed the title to Public sector worker discount
17 hours ago, Flatcoat888 said:

However unfair it may be to the private sector (and it is) who pay for the public sector to exist, the NHS is now an almost untouchable religious organisation to be served by everyone instead of an organisation to serve everyone. 

Until you really need them, (NHS). I did two years ago, (20/7/19), when I had a heart attack, was taken into our local hospital, (Royal Gwent), checked and found to need a triple bypass. Had the op on 8th August in the Heath hospital Cardiff and went back home  on Weds 14th. I'm still alive and breathing today thanks to the NHS. Two sides to every story. In my opinion, the NHS are worth ANY benefits they can get.

12 minutes ago, Townie said:

Until you really need them, (NHS). I did two years ago, (20/7/19), when I had a heart attack, was taken into our local hospital, (Royal Gwent), checked and found to need a triple bypass. Had the op on 8th August in the Heath hospital Cardiff and went back home  on Weds 14th. I'm still alive and breathing today thanks to the NHS. Two sides to every story. In my opinion, the NHS are worth ANY benefits they can get.

+1

We in the UK are very lucky-remember people some countries pay for ALL their medical needs.....Why not let the NHS workers have some benefits?

But then again if you don't like the UK and bash the system you can always leave-now lets see who are left ;-)

I haven’t and am not criticising what they do and as someone with a lifelong incurable chronic illness I do not need any lectures about the benefits of the NHS. But that doesn’t put the organisation above criticism, need for improvement and being less wasteful of our money. And other countries seem to deliver healthcare without following the NHS model. You would get equally well treated in Germany or many/most other civilised countries. 

And the last time I looked we pay for our medical needs, it’s called tax. 

20 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

+1

We in the UK are very lucky-remember people some countries pay for ALL their medical needs.....Why not let the NHS workers have some benefits?

But then again if you don't like the UK and bash the system you can always leave-now lets see who are left ;-)

Not worth leaving at the moment... They will have to isolate for ten days when they come back after realising how good the NHS is. 

Yes it has faults but they have looked after my other half for 13 years while she fights multiple site stage 4 cancer 👋

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

Yes it has faults but they have looked after my other half for 13 years while she fights multiple site stage 4 cancer

I'm sorry to hear about your partner-we have all gone through times of sadness because of cancer having lost both my parents-its always the good ones that we lose which seems so unfair.

The 1st part of your message shows you still have your sense of humour intact which is so important when faced with a loved one suffering......

Cheers Charlie boy, if you don't laugh the alternative isn't worth thinking about

Chin up fella-as my old Dad used to say.....

And those that work in the public sector pay taxes also for running the public sector 

On 22/07/2021 at 22:19, Flatcoat888 said:

+1