Rear springs

Russell83lfc

Hi I was just wondering if you can get heavy duty rear springs for vauxhall insignia ecoFLEX 2012.  I've looked online but can't see any?. 

Have you tried mad suspension? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Beat me to it.

MAD suspension

I used helper springs for several years. They worked absolutely as described.

I have a pair of Grayston Spring Assisters on my Rav4 and for the price the difference is brilliant.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

What happens to solo ride comfort with these rear suspension mods? 

I had 'MAD' springs on three different Renault Lagunas and they made no difference to solo ride/handling.

The replacement springs are rising-rate so have an increasing effect as the suspension is loaded. 

Jaguar XF-S Sportbrake (2018) towing Coachman VIP575 (2018).

I got the Graystons and fitted them on our (at that time) Octavia. I couldn't get the hang of how to fit the first one and had to call their helpline a couple of times: the second one - from starting to jack the car to pulling the jack out at the end took me 22 minutes! They are just a coil spring and a rubber filler to go inside the middle of the car spring.  Simples (believe me!)

Ours was an 04 Octy 1.9TDi Excellence - one of the last of the Series 1's. To make them attractive Skoda had fitted all sorts of bells and whistles and softened the rear suspension a bit (Octy's were notoriously hard on the back suspension.) Hitch the van on and the back end sank. Fit the Graystons and not only did the suspension sit about a half inch higher (you could even feel it in the rake of the driver's seat!) but it barely moved when the caravan was attached. Overall a significant improvement in ride and handling, solo or towing.