What do I need to do to travel to France ?

46 minutes ago, Camperdom said:

My moral compass in pointing in the same direction as some of our political leaders imo. Governments lead by example & as a good UK citizen I follow the example set by my government. :D

That is a poor excuse to ignore rules put in place to ensure public health.   Acting on Government advice, from today we can all throw away our masks.   I was delighted to see in Asda this afternoon that nearly all the "good UK citizens"  were wearing masks.   No doubt because they know it makes sense and most people care for themselves and others. 

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

And there was me thinking with age come's wisdom..........and selfless acts ;-)

I notice you didn't respond to my point regarding should you infect somebody........

Oh for Crisakes ! I am no more likely to infect anybody than you or anybody else for that matter. To try & regard the UK as some sort of island remote from Europe is daft. Half our food crosses the channel on a daily basis. 

perhaps you would respond to my point about governments leading their people by example ?

18 minutes ago, Jaydug said:

I was delighted to see in Asda this afternoon that nearly all the "good UK citizens"  were wearing masks.   No doubt because they know it makes sense and most people care for themselves and others. 

Tesco have put out a request via email that they would prefer that customers still wear a mask if they can.

17 minutes ago, Camperdom said:

Oh for Crisakes ! I am no more likely to infect anybody than you or anybody else for that matter. To try & regard the UK as some sort of island remote from Europe is daft. Half our food crosses the channel on a daily basis. 

perhaps you would respond to my point about governments leading their people by example ?

Camperdom-if you are happy with what you are doing that is fine but like you I have an opinion which I'm entitled to air just as you have, so I guess on this point we will enter a stale mate.

BUT yes I do agree with our government being far from perfect and while I disagree with some of their personal indiscretions it does not mean I will choose which part I am going to follow and which I will use to my own advantage ;-)

Edited by charlieboy2608

25 minutes ago, Camperdom said:

Anyone who thinks the present policies towards France are anything but political has more faith than me in our Government. Like you we will unless prevented by further  restrictions be spending part of our next trip in France after a Bilbao crossing and the moving back into Spain, not entirely to avoid quarantine but it would be welcome if we do.

1 hour ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

Things might be OK after the pandemic Steve, but look on the bright side, you're helping the UK economy while stuck in Blighty!

certainly am , we are at lovely Clitheroe CCC for 6 days , booked over 2 months ago & dropped on this weather . Been for a walk into town today & had a pint & a meal at the Bowland brewery in the old Holme mill  , going to try a few other places this next few days so several hundred pounds of my money going into the local economy .

8 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

certainly am , we are at lovely Clitheroe CCC for 6 days , booked over 2 months ago & dropped on this weather . Been for a walk into town today & had a pint & a meal at the Bowland brewery in the old Holme mill  , going to try a few other places this next few days so several hundred pounds of my money going into the local economy .

nice one Steve, I take it you’ve found the sausage shop! We’re at a wedding at the Holme mill in September, looking forward to getting reacquainted with those beers!

Edited by Dave Capiro owner

26 minutes ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

nice one Steve, I take it you’ve found the sausage shop! We’re at a wedding at the Holme mill in September, looking forward to getting reacquainted with those beers!

we saw that this morning while we were walking around the shops  , believe it’s called. Cowmans or similar , they had some very unusual flavours , we are going to drive in early tomorrow, park at Booths supermarket & visit the outdoor market over the road , nice full English somewhere , selection of sausages From the butchers & then a mooch around Booths , always a treat .

2 hours ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

should be an interesting wedding Dave ,that is one of the biggest bars I have ever seen  , they said they had 42 real ales on hand pump , all the bar is decorated in the style of the old mill , really interesting & it has the old steam engine in one area , that is where all the blokes will be I would imagine .

76A7B532-396D-42D6-831E-60E5D4EC8B67.jpeg

9ED48764-3D3B-4462-A00F-B735079DA575.jpeg

996CCBC7-E26C-417D-8939-3390E46C73A9.jpeg

Guardian article Here could save returners a few quid. :D

Ok I am truly sorry for the folks that are taking this whole thing seriously but the government clearly are not & never really have. 

Got into France this afternoon. Tunnel no problem. Courtesy of a decent leader, Macron, we didn’t need a entry test - we cancelled our antigen tests with Boots (£60 each) yesterday morning. Just needed  vax certificates and health statement. Tunnel very quiet. Slow drive down - we arrive at campsite in Provence on Sunday. The Gardiannage will take the van out of storage, wash it and put it on pitch for us. We are here until late September when we return with our old van. We bought our friends larger van out here last year and have sold our small van to friends in the uk, hence the pressure of getting into the country. The situation could change anytime so we are prepared to make a dash for it any time.

Pleased to see the Talk of France going red has abated, perhaps the scientists have realised that the Beta variant in Frances figures are mainly on islands in the Indian Ocean. The expat paper in France - The Local, is a more reliable source of info than the English rags that just seem to write nonsense to blind people’s judgement.

Due to a 150% increase in the daily rate of Delta variant infections (18,000 in 24 hours) a Covid health pass showing proof of recent recovery, vaccine or negative test are now required in order to enter some public places such as museums and cinemas. This requirement is set to be debated by French law makers with a view to expanding it to cafes, restaurants and shopping malls in August.

Covid: France rolls out health pass as cases soar - BBC News 

Edited by Legal Eagle

On 21/07/2021 at 08:20, Legal Eagle said:

Due to a 150% increase in the daily rate of Delta variant infections (18,000 in 24 hours) a Covid health pass showing proof of recent recovery, vaccine or negative test are now required in order to enter some public places such as museums and cinemas. This requirement is set to be debated by French law makers with a view to expanding it to cafes, restaurants and shopping malls in August.

Covid: France rolls out health pass as cases soar - BBC News 

Some campsites (Bidart - Royal Pavilion) are asking for it with immediate effect in order to access their 'communal spaces' (including shower blocks, pools, restaurants and bars).  My French friend was due to play in his band there tonight, but the event has been cancelled because many people won't use the Tousanticovid App, or haven't been vaccinated.  

According to this morning's news, the UK Govt. will today decide whether to put Spain and Greece on the Amber Plus list alongside France.

Edited by Legal Eagle

Had an email this from a French site we visit frequently - a few days ago they were saying, please come. Today it’s , come but you have to present a Covid passport on arrival. They say it’s the same passport you need to cross borders and show if you want to go to a restaurant etc.  We won’t be bothering!

Still can’t get my head round why anyone should want to jump through umpteen ever changing hoops to have a couple of weeks in maybe slightly better sun than we’ve got in the 🇬🇧 

Perhaps because they want to. Perhaps, like me, they also had a reason that necessitated the trip - bringing back a caravan that we have sold to friends. We are here till late September, rules permitting and having holidayed in this area of Provence for the past 20 years know our weather here is more consistent than the UK. A little local knowledge goes a long way..

1 hour ago, MalH said:

Still can’t get my head round why anyone should want to jump through umpteen ever changing hoops to have a couple of weeks in maybe slightly better sun than we’ve got in the 🇬🇧 

Who says it all about, or even slightly about, the weather??There are many factors that influence people’s holiday decisions.

Some even like going to Butlins :rolleyes:

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

In the event that things don't change to prevent it, we intend to go to Provence for a few weeks from the beginning of September. Now we have retired we can cope with 10 days isolation at home if that's the price we must pay.

Besides, we still have 6 frequent traveller tickets for the tunnel that we will lose at Christmas if not used! 

12 hours ago, MalH said:

As others have pointed out its not only weather but that is very important to me.  We just recently had a little over 2 weeks in Devon, first week fine and on a decent site quite enjoyable, moved to North Devon, weather dire, crowds like nothing I have seen in years and awful traffic and extortionate parking. Journey home was relatively easy by UK standards but like nothing I am used to on the continent. All in around a thousand pound for the worst trip in years and if that was all the pleasure we could get out of that expensive car and caravan it would be sold.

12 hours ago, MalH said:

Perhaps not the thread for you?

We are on the last day of a superb week in Clitheroe at the wonderful CCC site next to the river , we have had loads of lovely meals at brilliant country pubs , walks along the Ribble & other visits out , only disappointment was a day out to Morecambe . My point is that as good as it has been we would have liked to visit France or earlier on in the year Spain . As others have said the traffic is nowhere near as bad on the continent as here & we are under no illusions that this weather won’t last & the warm ‘ glow ‘ we are now experiencing would be different if the weather wasn’t as nice .

10 hours ago, Scarab said:

Perhaps not the thread for you?

Am I missing something? 🥺

On 22/07/2021 at 22:07, MalH said:

I will take the 90 days of slightly better sun though Mal.  No hoops either. Just 3 bits of paper to go to go. Easy enough. A test the day before to come back & tests on return. Certainly worth it to avoid July & Aug in the UK.  Provided you can use a smartphone it’s simples. B)

21 hours ago, MalH said:

Am I missing something? 🥺

You certainly are!

1 hour ago, Teach said:

You certainly are!

What am I missing?