7kg for the price of 6Kg?

alecsmart

I managed to get a 6kg calor bottle today.  I use a safefill but keep a 6kg calor for backup.  Out of curiosity I weighed the bottle with the digital luggage scales I use to calculate my Safefill refills.  The Tare weight of the Calor 6kg bottle was 18lb 12oz - 8.5kg. (as taken from the ring at the top) The bottle weighed 15.55kg.  So 7kg of gas.  Is this normal?  Has it been overfilled?  All a bit strange I thought.  

I have the calor light. It was spot on as per the stamps 10.5 kg gross 

4.5 kg bottle weight empty.  So exactly 6kg of gas.

1 hour ago, alecsmart said:

I managed to get a 6kg calor bottle today.  I use a safefill but keep a 6kg calor for backup.  Out of curiosity I weighed the bottle with the digital luggage scales I use to calculate my Safefill refills.  The Tare weight of the Calor 6kg bottle was 18lb 12oz - 8.5kg. (as taken from the ring at the top) The bottle weighed 15.55kg.  So 7kg of gas.  Is this normal?  Has it been overfilled?  All a bit strange I thought.  

I think its very unlikely that Calor have overfilled a bottle. Their filling process insures that this cannot happen. I have weighed a few and never ever found one over (but some under). If its true that they have given away a Kg, heads will have to roll:D

11 hours ago, Ern said:

If its true that they have given away a Kg, heads will have to roll:D

Propane liquid will expand 270 times as it changes from a liquid state to vapor state, so that's quite a free gift ;) 

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"