Lcd Tv

icu

Not yet, but I want too :)

A word of advice though, there do seem to be quite a few cheap ones around, but the cheap ones I've looked at so far have had terrible picture quality when the picture is moving. Watch especially for busy scenes where the camera pans across - the picture either 'stutters' across or blurs until the motion stops.

Not yet, but I want too :)

A word of advice though, there do seem to be quite a few cheap ones around, but the cheap ones I've looked at so far have had terrible picture quality when the picture is moving. Watch especially for busy scenes where the camera pans across - the picture either 'stutters' across or blurs until the motion stops.

559[/snapback]

I have LCD TV I use in my caravan - I bought it on the internet at Shopfutures. co. uk - and I am very pleased with it. I bought a digital arial to use with it - and had the appropriate sockets fitted inside and outside my caravan - I have used the TV all over the country and am very very happy with the quality. It is a Sonx dual voltage and runs on 12V which is great when no hook ups are available. I also use a Sky box with it and have never had a problem with the quality of the picture.

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

Yup, I use a Naiko 15" LCD with DVD very succesfully. Sold as 240v but uses an adapter to convert to 12v, so I simply made a lead up and hey presto!

Martin W :D

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

:( Still trying to convince the wife we need a LCD Tv, States that "we've not got one" is not a good enough reason yet. :angry: Having watched the prices for the past 12 months I reckon by this summer you will be able to buy one of decent quality for £150.

Must be the way forward on size alone, Being able to use on 12V is a great bonus too

Wildkat

We have just bought a 17" lcd tv which we used for the 1st time over the new year whilst away in Norfolk. The make is DMTech and has a built in dvd player, great picture quality but then it did cost £399. 00. ...we think it was well worth the investment :)

:) We Have a Naiko, It's a TV CD player, DVD player, & computer monitor etc.

Got it from Safeway last year. It's great, no problems at all. Bonus is it's slim & light, just right for a caravan.

1120[/snapback]

Try not to leave it in full view else some one else may fancy a new LCD TV we stopped on a site a few years ago and there was a couple next to us and they had there aqua rolls chained and padlocked started talking to them and they informed us they were on a large site the one year and some one stole there aqua rolls and waist master so if they will do that a TV would be nice picking for the would be thief I know it is a poor state of affairs but not only nice people go on holidays or even the local thief of the area easy pickings. Even though 99. 9% of the people who go caravanning are great it only needs one not to be. :P

I'm considering one of the ones that folds down from below your kitchen cupboards at home (as seen in most kitchen showrooms).

It should fit great under the overhead storage lockers and can be folded away when not in use.

We bought one of the Naiko combined LCD TV & DVD players from Safeway last year but it died fairly quickly. :(:(

Unfortunately Safeway couldn't replace it so we are currently looking for something equally specified at a similar price. ..... ;)

We have a 15" and 17" screen now, (working for the distributor helps!), and they are fantastic.

When looking at the spec check the refresh rates, number of colours and viewing angles. The quicker a screen can refresh the less it will stutter, and the wider the viewing angle the more you can see.

Staples Office supplies are currently selling Relisys screens at a very good price.

Guest john1215

LCD Tv's are good there's no getting away from it but even the best LCD will never be as good as a good CRT tv. Put them side by side play the same picture through both and the CRT will display a far superior picture. Shame they are so heavy really.

I can't afford an LCD tv, not in the caravan anyway so I'll stick with the CRT.

john1215

I'm not knocking those members who have LCD's, just pointing out that they are no the be all etc.

Hi John,

I don't have an LCD TV at home or in the van;yet. The prices are still falling fast. Many LCD sets are now half the price they were a year ago. As far as picture quality is concerned, I think you will find that due to the fact most LCD TVs have a pixel resolution of 1280x768,the 15" or 17" sets are very good,it's the larger sets for home use that can't compete with conventional CRTs. The Relisys LCD are good value for money with 3year on site warranty. :)

Frank

Guest john1215

The example I use is my PC monitor, it is an LG Flatron L1720B which has a max res of 1280x1024. Prior to purchasing this I had a huge 19" Flatron CRT which weighed a lot more than the LCD. When playing DVD's in particular the LCD doesn't compare, the CRT gave a much clearer picture.

For normal day to day use though the LCD is much better for graphic and web design work and wordprocessing etc and if has a much small footprint.

john1215

WE looked into an LCD for van and home use, we wanted one with a built in DVD player, the cheapest one I could find was around the £400 mark. We thought long and hard and finnally decided on a crt 14 portable with DVD for £75, the only downside it weighs 9. 5kg. The money saved will buy a good awning, with some left over for a roofbox!! :)

Mike

We bought one of the Naiko combined LCD TV & DVD players from Safeway last year but it died fairly quickly.   :(  :(

Unfortunately Safeway couldn't replace it so we are currently looking for something equally specified at a similar price. ..... ;)

2768[/snapback]

Had the same problem years ago with an TV/Video combo - the video was still fine after the tv quit, but of course the video was useless. Would always advise going for separates.

LCD Tv's are good there's no getting away from it but even the best LCD will never be as good as a good CRT tv. Put them side by side play the same picture through both and the CRT will display a far superior picture. Shame they are so heavy really.

I can't afford an LCD tv, not in the caravan anyway so I'll stick with the CRT.

john1215

I'm not knocking those members who have LCD's, just pointing out that they are no the be all etc.

2783[/snapback]

Would agree with John's sentiments including those re: PC screens (see his other post). CRTs seem much sharper to my eyes. Having said that, weight/size may be a factor in your choice.

Just got a Relisys 1720 from www. ebuyer. com. 17" Widescreen, teletext, remote control, loads of inputs inc PC HDD15 but not scart.

Free delivery + 3 yr warranty

£320

2 brackets from Curry's for £39 each - one in the van - the other in the bedroom and move the TV as needed using the quick release on the bracket.

Gav

:D

Have used a 15" Logik LCD tv in the 'van for about a year now. Cost £250 from Dixons. .own brand type stuff - great bargain. works great. Not tried it off 12v only mains. use it with dvd player/sky minibox. Currently in one of the kids bedroom over winter, not sure if I'll get it back!!

Viewing angle can be an issue, especially if your lying in bed watching TV. The solution Tip it up at the back with something. I use my cig packet! :rolleyes:

Seen some good deals recently.

Argos 15" £199 - 17"Widescreen for £299

Boots do a 15" toshiba for £239 i think. ..

Very light compared to normal TV.

Happy relaxing TV watching!