Pet Passport Petition

👍👍

Done

Cost of animal health certificate is pretty small when compared with total cost of buying, owning, maintaining, insuring and touring with a dog. 

The cost  of fuel is pretty small compared with the cost of buying, owning, insuring, and maintaining a caravan and car, but I guess you would object to having to pay more than triple the price.

It isn't only the cost, it's a bureaucratic nonsense meant for farm animals.   It is valid for ten  days for outward travel and vets complain about its complexity.  Besides, the UK have accepted the Pets Passport for EU citizens whereas  Rabies is endemic in most parts of the EU.  Many pet owners have been quoted up to £500 per pet for the AHC

Nobody should be trying to overturn a democratic decision with a petition though 

6 minutes ago, Camperdom said:

Nobody should be trying to overturn a democratic decision with a petition though 

Isn't this the whole point of the petition system?  Once 10,000 signatures have been obtained, the issue will be discussed again. What can be wrong with that?  Surely, this is democracy in action.

I've added mine but at 599 and counting so far, there's still some way to go. 

But isn't the problem caused by the EU regulations that for non-member states the AHC has to be

Quote:

f you are travelling from a non-EU country or territory, your pet must have an EU animal health certificate endorsed by an official State vet in the country of departure not more than 10 days before your pet arrives in the EU. The certificate is valid for travel between EU countries for 4 months from this date or until the anti-rabies vaccination expires, whichever lapses first.

In addition, you should also complete and attach a written declaration to your pets EU animal health certificate stating that its relocation is for non-commercial reasons. This declaration is also required if your pet is travelling under the responsibility of a person authorised by you. In this case, your pet must be reunited with you within 5 days of your relocation.

End Quote.

https://europa.EU/youreurope/citizens/travel/carry/animal-plant/index_en.htm#shortcut-1

1 hour ago, Camperdom said:

:goodpost::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, PhilC1960 said:

Isn't this the whole point of the petition system?  Once 10,000 signatures have been obtained, the issue will be discussed again. What can be wrong with that?  Surely, this is democracy in action.

I've added mine but at 599 and counting so far, there's still some way to go. 

I wonder, out of all the hundreds and possibly many more, thousands ?  of petitions that have been started since the petition system started, have any of them actually changed anything at all ?

Are they a pointless exercise, or a paper exercise, both resulting in no change ?