What did you do to your Caravan or Motorhome today?

Just now, WispMan said:

You are welcome to mention them. 

OK then - Kiwi Leisure Solutions based just outside Harrogate - I have no relationship other than being a very satisfied customer.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

came back last weekend so we put the clean towels and bedding back in the van, replenished some toiletries and we had to buy some  more cheap toilet rolls for the van.  The  TV is looking old so we also measured the space for the TV so we could buy another one.  Also our Humax is a few years old  so we have looked at the vision plus with the freeview and satellite  tuners. BTW to record on those sets is it the fire stick that I should get?

• 2 weeks later...

I spent the day fixing the toilet flush (thetford C4 system) on my daughters old Abbey caravan, - all the connectors were corroded . A previous owner had run a new 12V cable to the system, so  obviously it had had problems before . There are two 'wells ' below the cassette, which had stagnant water in them ( no drain holes) so the humidity was probably very high, exacerbating the rate of corrosion. Anyway all good now .

Took the Alde 20A double pole switch out as the neon indicator lamp in the actual switch rocker has failed.  

Replacement switch is £35.99 from the manufacturer or…

… the identical Varilight PowerGrid switch (hidden behind the existing Alde labelled switch facia plate is £4.63 inc VAT.

A bonus as until today, I wasn't aware that it was a power grid module rather than a standard domestic type DP switch.  

Got back yesterday from 3 weeks away, just under 2 weeks in Cornwall with a few days each way travelling up and down from Scotland.

AL-KO stabiliser was doing my head in every time we slowed down by creaking and groaning.  Made temporary improvements by rubbing the pads in situ with sandpaper but didn't tend to last long, so today I removed the pads, which were badly glazed, and gave them a proper go and cleaned them up properly.  Not away again for a few weeks so we'll see if it is any better.  Certainly should be, but if not the next step would be new pads.

While we were away the on board battery charger packed up.  Noticed one day that the MCB for the charger had tripped.  Reset it and it immediately popped and tripped again.  Wasn't a great issue while we were away as the solar panel plus charging from the car when travelling kept the battery charged.  Eventually gained access to the back of the consumer unit in the caravan today (Bailey Unicorn Valencia 3) and removed the charger.  Took it into the garage and tested it - knackered.  Thought of bodging it with another type of charger but decided in the end just to order a replacement.

6 minutes ago, PeteG said:

AL-KO stabiliser was doing my head in every time we slowed down by creaking and groaning.  Made temporary improvements by rubbing the pads in situ with sandpaper but didn't tend to last long, so today I removed the pads, which were badly glazed, and gave them a proper go and cleaned them up properly.  Not away again for a few weeks so we'll see if it is any better.  Certainly should be, but if not the next step would be new pads.

Don’t forget to clean the tow ball too - a quick squirt of brake cleaner followed by a wipe down with a rag will make a big difference. 

8 hours ago, Glen and Les said:

Don’t forget to clean the tow ball too - a quick squirt of brake cleaner followed by a wipe down with a rag will make a big difference. 

Thanks, done that too.  I do that quite regularly.

I wonder if a batch of the friction pads were made from the same (dodgy)  friction material as the squealing brake shoes were??  Maybe a new set of pads will offer a long term solution?? Anyone tried it?? 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Might wash it out after last trip away. What I need is a self cleaning model.

had to move spaces in the storage yard, they are using shipping containers like crazy right now. but i wanted to wash it, but soooooooooooooooo hot i went home instead