CRiS - change of caravan ownership

Denali13

Why not just contact the previous owner and ask them to send off the CRiS document, if they do then problem solved.

And still the OP hasn't returned ;_)

2 hours ago, Camperdom said:

So would you recommend that the op does that & with all fingers crossed hope that it is indeed a bit of an anticlimax ? 

It is his money not yours or mine that risks being lost so why not make your next post advice to the op instead of making spurious off topic posts ?

The OP potentially could be towing a caravan that doesn’t belong to them, and as they have been shown a way that they can confirm their rightful ownership there is a moral responsibility to do this.

How would you feel if you turned up on a caravan site to find someone in the caravan that was stolen off your drive 18 months ago?

On speaking to them you find out that they bought it privately, but didn’t do any checks despite being advised the could have done so to establish whether it was stolen, or had been subject to an insurance claim.

If at a later date the OP tries to sell the caravan either privately or in part exchange at a dealers, and they do a CriS check and it turns out what was suspected is true, the OP will still lose out.

To advise someone not to do this because there are potential consequences, calls in to question the moral compass of the adviser, and sticking your head in the sand doesn’t make it go away,

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Can forum members and CMT Admin halt this tit for tat attitude as it would appear the OP has not returned!

Last log in was Tuesday @ 1320hrs so it would seem further discussions are pointless.

• Steven locked this topic