Hot water not working

Hi,

Can anyone help me, I'm not getting any hot water in my 08 Fleetwood heritage caravan.

Heating works fine, but no hot water, can anyone run through the sequence for switching the hot water on.

Thank you

Have you ever had it working? 

Have you filled up the hot water tank? 

Are you on mains 240V leccy? 

Have you found the switch to switch on the water heating? 

Occasionally manufacturers don't label the switch so follow the wiring from the water tank. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Yes, to all those questions

Your van will have an Alde 3010 combination boiler and if the boiler is turned on at the control panel, then  hot water is on by default - there is no separate switch on the panel for hot water.

If the heating is working and the boiler is full of water I really don't understand why you have no hot water.

Edit: Can we assume that water is coming out of both hot and cold taps ?

Edited by OWOMW

As said already if it is ALDE heating and it is working providing you have water at the taps and the heating is on and there is demand for heating then you will have hot water, however if there is no demand for heating ie air temp to high the hot water must be activated in the menu.

1 hour ago, NortonManx said:

if there is no demand for heating ie air temp to high the hot water must be activated in the menu.

Don’t agree. The Alde boiler will heat the fluid within itself, irrespective of whether heating is required or not. This in turn will heat the domestic water. 

32 minutes ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

Don’t agree. The Alde boiler will heat the fluid within itself, irrespective of whether heating is required or not. This in turn will heat the domestic water. 

It will but only if the hot water is switched on (rather than a bi-product of the heating system being on and calling for heat) - however on the older Alde panel (which presumably the OP has unless done the upgrade) the hot water is always ON when the boiler is on  (as mentioned above), only the later Alde panel requires it to be set to OFF, ON or BOOST which maybe what NortonManx meant?

3 hours ago, Deckchair said:

Hi,

Can anyone help me, I'm not getting any hot water in my 08 Fleetwood heritage caravan.

Heating works fine, but no hot water, can anyone run through the sequence for switching the hot water on.

Thank you

Assuming you do have the original Alde wet central heating - with the heating on/hot for some time you still have no hot water whatsoever? Has it been modified in any way, eg a separate hot water tank?

Cheers, Martin

Thanks for replies, water is coming out of taps on both hot and cold, I will put boiler on with the heating off and see if it then heats up after a short while.

You could try putting the hot water on boost (tap symbol). This turns off the heating for 30 minutes and raises the hot water temperature.

The hot water 'off' is an option when used with the 'night setting'. so that the boiler does not kick in at night just the heat water that is not going to be used.  With the double walled boiler they use it is just not possible to have the heating on and not have hot water unless the hot water tank is empty, which is quite ok and will not harm the system.

By far the best way is to ring Alde direct tomorrow they will Talk you through the settings.  The old controls can be a little difficult to get your head round.

Can i say that Deckchairs van is 2008 and I think this van pre-dates the vans with controls. Some posts assume he has a screen control and I think he doesn't. 

I think he will have a separate switch on its own for heating the water. 

Can Deckchair confirm one way or another?

Graham

27 minutes ago, WispMan said:

Can i say that Deckchairs van is 2008 and I think this van pre-dates the vans with controls. Some posts assume he has a screen control and I think he doesn't. 

I think he will have a separate switch on its own for heating the water. 

Can Deckchair confirm one way or another?

It should be this one on a 2008 van Graham (if original)

image.jpeg.8f711e48f93c3ceed5a7637b435094fb.jpeg

Cheers, Martin

Then my apologies! Never had a van with a screen!

Graham

Wispman you are correct, we had two heritages and there was a red switch down by the front seats to switch on the water heater. Bailey unicorns are also the same with the 3010 model fitted

Edited by Airhog
Spelling error

The red neon switch by the front seats is the boiler isolation switch. This needs to be turned on to allow the boiler to operate on mains electricity, both for heating and for hot water, as explained above.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It does have the Alde 3010 control panel and as Alan Stanley has said the controls take a bit of time to get your head round.

I shall try putting hot water on boost and see what happens.

Regards to everyone and stay safe

there was a good video on tube showing that control panel.

12 minutes ago, Alan Stanley said:

there was a good video on tube showing that control panel.

Indeed there is ;-)

https://youtu.be/GfmNspMEu0k

Cheers, Martin