Looking for 7 -10 days in the Highlands

I bought a caravan last year but haven't been away in it yet as I had to rectify a few faults with it and I needed to buy an awning. Now this is all all sorted I'm looking to get away mid July with my son who's currently serving in Afghanistan. I couldn't get anywhere booked as he wasn't sure when his leave would be but he just told me he'll be home in a few days.  I've looked at a few sites but it looks chocabloc due to staycations so I might need to leave it until later.

So I have a few questions.

Are there any sites that show availability or do I have to systematically sift through each site i.e Parkdean etc?

Is it worth joining these caravan clubs? If so which one is best? 

Keep calling as you might get a cancellation. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Depending on where in the highlands you want to be, we booked Gairloch a couple of weeks ago for mid jury but not sure if they still have spaces, Ullapool doesn't do bookings, first come first served so if you get there in the morning there's usually someone moving on (plenty of moyorhomers moving on after one or two days, and you don't have to be a member f the clubs to book there sites unless its CL's / CS's you want

Definitely worth joining one or both of the two main clubs. The CMC in particular has a good selection of sites across Scotland and you can access  short notice availability online.  I know from experience that you shouldn't struggle to get a pitch at Morvich, for example, well situated for Skye. 

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Thanks for the replies guys. My son arrived back in the UK yesterday but has to isolate for 10 days and he still doesn't know when his leave is ?. So I'll need to leave it until he lets me know. 

Susan Glen Nevis sounds good so I'll give it a look. 

Mal Skye's a wee bit far for me at the moment. I do have a particular affection for Grannies up in Dornoch but the fishing wasn't great last time I was about 8yrs ago so my son's not keen. 

Susan that Glen Nevis website is confusing. It states the available dates are marked in green but when I click on 7 days from 11th July it states no units available. 

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to book a week at the end of this month at Glen Nevis so thanks to Susan for that.

Depending on where the person next to me pitches their caravan they told me my awning might have to be on hard standing so will need rock pegs. Where's the best place to get these from?

37 minutes ago, Argyll said:

Depending on where the person next to me pitches their caravan they told me my awning might have to be on hard standing so will need rock pegs. Where's the best place to get these from?

eBay 

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Or Lidl/ALDI as both have them on occasions.  

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

On 10/07/2021 at 19:27, Argyll said:

I managed to book a week at the end of this month at Glen Nevis so thanks to Susan for that.

Hi, I see you're in Falkirk?  If yes there's a Range store  there, they do camping stuff including rock pegs.

https://www.therange.co.uk/leisure/camping/tent-accessories/box-of-15-tent-pegs-for-hard-ground/#247470