Gas Leak (x2)

Jacobite

Will be leaving this to the professionals to fix (of course), but here's the story.

On a week away last September, we had a slight smell of gas under the front of our 1997 Bailey Hunter Lite. We immediately switched the gas off, and took it to a local caravan gas-work-approved workshop. They couldn't find anything definite, but re-seated the bottle-to-van connection, and tested all the appliances, and the smell disappeared. We've been away three or four times since, with no issue.

Away this past weekend, and the smell of gas under the front of the caravan was back. We'll be getting it checked professionally, to reiterate, but are there any obvious weak points? I did washing-up-liquid checking of the (few) joints in the area after the first leak, without any bubbling showing. No obvious damage to the pipe running back under the caravan either. The smell seems to be under the van - no obvious smell in the front locker, so I'm assuming it's unlikely to be the regulator (which seems sound).

My worry is that the professionals will, once again, not find anything obvious as the cause of the leak.

2 hours ago, Jacobite said:

My worry is that the professionals will, once again, not find anything obvious as the cause of the leak.

Not difficult with a manometer.   I do a gas pressure test every year as part of the van's service, or when I've had some gas union disconnected..   The manometer is connected to the gas system and once the pressure is showing on the screen, the gas is turned off and the pressure should still be showing 37 after 15 minutes or so.   Any drop indicates a leakage somewhere in the system.

Manometer.jpg.9677217daf02c9c9e5b393c81dfa8972.jpg

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

2 hours ago, Jaydug said:

Not difficult with a manometer.   I do a gas pressure test every year as part of the van's service, or when I've had some gas union disconnected..   

The workshop in September did a pressure test. This leak seems, somehow, to be intermittent. I can understand intermittent electronic faults, but that doesn't seem right for gas.  Hopefully the leak site is more obvious, and persistent, this time!