S4 Unicorn brake bulb replacement

Ashey

My brake light bulb has popped  

not sure what bulb I need to get to replace it 

Take it out and have a look at it! 

Halfords or just about any garage will be able to sell you a new one. It’s either a single filament brake light only, or a twin filament stop and tail light bulb. 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Thank you I am away at the moment on a grass pitch and wanted to have a bulb ready to avoid having to remove screws twice

I have been driving for 36 years and I don’t remember ever  remember changing a brake bulb  

4 minutes ago, Ashey said:

Thank you I am away at the moment on a grass pitch and wanted to have a bulb ready to avoid having to remove screws twice

I have been driving for 36 years and I don’t remember ever  remember changing a brake bulb  

You must be tired!:blink:

To the OP, a Unicorn 4 is a series of models - you will get more help if you give the exact model such as Cadiz, Seville or whatever.

The brake bulb is 21W and if a combined brake & side light, then it will be marked 5/21 W. Maybe take one of each with you next time? Avaable at any petrol station 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thanks for the help I would imagine the lights to be standard across the series 

and I will get a spare 

The actual bulbs are, or should be, the same as cars and the same as having been used all my life! 

However a greater problem may be how to prise off the outer bezel. If you can see screws you will be OK 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Is there a list of bulbs fitted to the caravan in the handbook?

John.

I think I have got a small box of “Caravan spare bulbs” lurking in the boot of my car that came from Halfords a good few years ago now. It holds a selection of the various bulbs (and fuses) used. It still has all of its contents having never been needed. 

Hah! Found it. 

08F07193-32A1-482F-A5BB-E911F6944DB6.jpeg

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

No list of bulbs in handbook

When I arrived at the campsite after a 3 1/2 hour drive involving a long queue off M40 onto M25 in heavy rain  another caravaner  let me know that a brake light was not working  

Well today  plugged  into car to test and   both bulbs where working  cannot find any fault before I removed the covers I  put a towel on floor in case I dropped anything on the grass       

checked type of bulb it was the standard 21w5w  and got 2 spares 

I do also have a set bulbs kept in my Europe bag that I have left at home none will fit my car though😀 

Thanks again everyone  for the help