Swift Challenger 540 Split relay Installation

Hazzard

Hello we are new to caravanning. Could anyone please advise us on swift challenger 540 caravan 2007 split charge relay fuse rating please, as not sure about the current draw on our caravan. Any help would be gratefully received.  

What size fuse did it have when you bought it? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

2 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Hello we are new to caravanning. Could anyone please advise us on swift challenger 540 caravan 2007 split charge relay fuse rating please, as not sure about the current draw on our caravan. Any help would be gratefully received.  

Can you be more specific about the problem? Having owned Swift Group caravans since the 1990s I have never known a split charge relay to be fitted in the caravan. 

Thank you for your replies. The relay is in the car if I wire the 30amp relay to deliver 15amps then I can run single cable from the battery to the relay with a 15amp fuse. But if the caravan requires more than 15amps to charge battery and fridge power etc then will require a second cable from the battery with an additional 15 amp fuse. wondering if anyone knew the power draw from a standard setup challenger 540, 2007 please?

thank you steve

Most refrigerators draw about 10 amps which would leave you 5 amps for battery charging.  You could check the specifications of you fridge for a more accurate figure.

Ok thank you Dacs. The caravan is in storage at the moment but that would I think be the best bet. Does anyone know please how many amps is required to charge a caravan battery?

Tall fridges can be 170w when on 12v towing supply. Amps obviously depends on what actual voltage the car is putting out (and what reaches the van). Here we go with smart alternator discussion . . . .

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco