I have a qs65 dish and after hours of trying, have never managed to get a picture on my TV.  i have contacted both the TV supplier and QuickSat for advice but nothing is working, does anyone have any suggestions?

• WispMan changed the title to SQ65 Dish

So many questions. Do you have a Sat box connected? Maybe a sky box? 

How are you determining where to point it? And elevation? 

Just seen the price £350! Excl the receiver!!! 

What satellite receiver are you using? It will not work without one 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have a satellite enabled TV but I have tried it with a sky box but to date, still no signal either way.

I have followed the instructions that came with the SQ65 as well as that I have also tried using my Sat finder app.  I've tried it at home as well as when I'm away on sites looking on line for the right elevation.

8 minutes ago, haylorraine said:

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have a satellite enabled TV but I have tried it with a sky box but to date, still no signal either way.

I have followed the instructions that came with the SQ65 as well as that I have also tried using my Sat finder app.  I've tried it at home as well as when I'm away on sites looking on line for the right elevation.

If in doubt I always find you-tube is your friend :-)

thanks Charlieboy2608, it always looks so easy when I've looked there but I will keep looking to see if I can find a video that solve the issue. :)

4 minutes ago, haylorraine said:

thanks Charlieboy2608, it always looks so easy when I've looked there but I will keep looking to see if I can find a video that solve the issue. :)

Without taking the pee you have checked the basics...cable connections secure,select dish on tv screen etc?

Internet diagnosis can be so difficult :-)

No worries,

I think I need all the help I can get.   I was supplied with the push fit connections but thought that might be the issue so have been using the screw thread each time, just to be on the safe side.  I have been selecting 'Satellite' on the source in my TV.  I have been selecting the satellite on the instructions, it all seems to be ok but I've not been getting any volume out of the speaker with the kit.  So then have tried auto tuning the tv.  It looks like it is finding heaps of channels but then when the search is over, there is still 'no signal' :unsure:

The satellite is 25,000 miles away so alignment is the key issue.  Did you pay £350 for the dish and the tripod? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Assume you're looking for Freesat at 28.2deg East of South?

Take a look at my article for caravan satellite written a few years ago.

Just Google "The art of aiming a satellite dish"  - it might help.

Vin Blanc

Edited by Vin Blanc

Does your TV have the preset channels that are needed? If not they have to be downloaded before you can go any further. Do you have the trouble shooting guide with you? If you do, have you read #2 paragraph 2 ? Is you tv set to the Astra 28.2E ?

1245250159_Screenshot(27).png.c703b719bb65b7aede80db78bd0d2de7.png

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Two things: autotune should be associated with Freeview terrestrial TV, you generally do not find anything like that on satellite. When the receiver gets a satellite signal the first thing it does - automatically - is to download the channel table so you can select the channels every time without searching.

If the receiver whilst doing an autotune is displaying lots of stations but gets to the end and says no signal you are likely aligned on the wrong satellite. The signal from Astra 19.2E covers the whole of Europe and is very strong, but if your TV is expecting to receiver UK signals it might display but will not store Astra 19.2E. You need to turn you satellite dish a little to the left (viewed from behind) and also tilted down a little. Suggest you leave the elevation (tilt) as it is and do the sideways move first - only an inch or two. If you find nothing tilt the dish down a bit and swing back to where you started - do everything very slowly checking often. Repeat these back and forth/downtilt actions until you find a signal. Typically the azimuth (i.e. left/right swing) will affect the signal strength and the elevation adjustment will affect the signal quality - if your TV setup shows such. Eventually you will get both the signal and quality at the best you can - at which point you stop. Note you will be unlikely to get 100% on signal or on quality, just go for the best remembering that with digital reception (satellite is digital) quality is more important than signal strength.  Also remember before starting to peg your dish tripod feet so that it doesn't fall over in the wind or during adjustment.

Oh, and your header says SQ65 where it is actually QS65 for QuickStart.

Edited by Woodentop

• WispMan changed the title to QS65 Dish