Pictures of home made security devices- wanted or offered up

I am after pictures or ideas for home made devices or security products. I am not interested in any thing pre-made or shop brought.

I want to know, as i cant find any on the  internet search sites for a way to home make caravan corner steadies.

Any suggestions please?

15 minutes ago, hedgerowpete said:

to home make caravan corner steadies.

To be honest, corner steadies are not that expensive and there plenty about second hand from van breakers.

Why do you want to make your own ?

At my previous house, when I could store the caravan on the drive, I wired the house alarm "panic" circuit ( active whether or not the alarm was activated) to an external socket, and then via what appeared to be a mains ehc to the caravan. If disconnected without disabling at a by-pass switch in the garage then the house alarm went off (I've made it sound complicated, but really quite simple).

The only time it was activated was when I had builders doing some drive repairs decided to plug in one of their tools to the external "mains" socket....

4 hours ago, Silversurf said:

To be honest, corner steadies are not that expensive and there plenty about second hand from van breakers.

Why do you want to make your own ?

To be honest, i want something a criminal has never seen before and therefore would slow them down dramatically. Or preferably get them to steal the next door neighbours and leave mine alone as to much effort.

Every single piece i have seen on the market has been seen by criminals before and the shortest way around it to defeat it is known.

Mine would also have the Tetley tea seal of shed builders through out the land as being better, stronger and made with hammers and swearing and many choccie hob nobs would be needlessly slaughtered in its production.

4 hours ago, CliveB said:

At my previous house, when I could store the caravan on the drive, I wired the house alarm "panic" circuit ( active whether or not the alarm was activated) to an external socket, and then via what appeared to be a mains ehc to the caravan. If disconnected without disabling at a by-pass switch in the garage then the house alarm went off (I've made it sound complicated, but really quite simple).

The only time it was activated was when I had builders doing some drive repairs decided to plug in one of their tools to the external "mains" socket....

I like that,

at the old house we just used a tug boat anchor chain to secure it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!