Alde Pink G13

Posted (edited)

OK. Fixed the bathroom radiator leak (saved taking the 2020 van back as a warranty job). Draining and saving the prized Alde fluid is crucial. However I need some G13 to top up the tank. Alde fluid is exorbitantly expensive. Anyone used any other brand of G13 or an equivalent? Might try to blag some from the dealer as I save them about three hours of workshop time. :rolleyes: 

Edited by yorkyguy

Posted (edited)

Halfords or Euro Car Parts do a range on compatible fluids, either 50/50 ready mixed or neat to mix yourself, Much cheaper than OEM Alde fluid.

Edited by Pebble

Posted (edited)

Go with the “blag  the dealer “ option. If that fails, get the genuine Alde fluid. 
You don’t want to risk any chance of the corrosion inhibitors fighting against each other, leading to long term issues

Edited by Lost in the wilderness
Auto correct error

Euro Car Parts, they usually have sales on the weekend.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

I would go for what Alde recommend, a genuine product "approved" to VW's TL774 J, coded G13, not just one labelled as "G13".

Comma's Xstream GG40, is what I use.

Buy the proper stuff - it’s not really that expensive, I think we paid £12/13 at a dealer’s last year. Depends how much you need, of course.

I was lucky, dealer gave me about 5 litres (or more) FOC as it saved them workshop time at £70 plus per hour. Happy days. My dealer is excellent!