France opens up to UK travellers with dual vaccinations

France is opening up to travellers, from the 9th June, including travellers from the UK, provided they have dual vaccination, and proof. You still need a test to travel, but this can now be a 'Fit to Fly' Antigen test, which is generally much cheaper.

And, whilst France is still an Amber country, and therefore travel is against FCO advice, it is still possible to obtain travel insurance.

https://uk.ambafrance.org/Strategy-for-reopening-of-borders-from-9-June-onwards

That’s good news, so our September break could still possible such to COVID control.

Question, the Antigen test, is this the same test that teachers are having to do twice a week at home or a chargeable test that needs booking before travelling?

12 hours ago, D-Hill said:

That’s good news, so our September break could still possible such to COVID control.

Question, the Antigen test, is this the same test that teachers are having to do twice a week at home or a chargeable test that needs booking before travelling?

It's a paid for Antigen test with a 'Fit to Fly' certificate.

Even though France have “ opened up “, what is the point when the U.K. government does not authorise “ unnecessary “ travel which invalidates personal and travel insurance?  Does anyone really believe France, Spain etc are going to be placed on the “ green “ list anytime soon ? 

How do you prove you have had the two jabs?

18 minutes ago, David 38 said:

NHS app ?

32 minutes ago, David 38 said:

13 minutes ago, Towtug said:

NHS app ?

Or the yellow WHO International Certificate of Vaccination that you should be issued with.

14 minutes ago, Lutz said:

Or the yellow WHO International Certificate of Vaccination that you should be issued with.

We aren't issued with any certificates and nor "should" we since there is no legislative requirement.

48 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Through the NHS - digital or paper versions available.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/vaccination-status-for-travelling-abroad/

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad

Edited by Legal Eagle

I did say "should", not "must".  If you've had any form of vaccination before for overseas travel you would already have such a certificate. Mine already has entries for tetanus, diphtheria, polio, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, rabies, typhoid, and Japanese encephalitis, that I needed for visiting India. It just needs Covid-19 to be added now.

1 minute ago, Lutz said:

I did say "should", not "must".  If you've had any form of vaccination before for overseas travel you would already have such a certificate. Mine already has entries for tetanus, diphtheria, polio, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, rabies, typhoid, and Japanese encephalitis, that I needed for visiting India. It just needs Covid-19 to be added now.

In the context of your post you intimated that a WHO certificate "should" be issued as a matter of course. For Covid vaccines all we receive at the time (at best) is a small card which cannot be used as proof.

6 minutes ago, Lutz said:

I have a booklet from when I visited N Africa so can that be stamped?

Lot my cards I was given each time I had covid jabs.

Think the Do Gooders have stopped the proper vaccine passports that were talked about.

On 06/06/2021 at 10:36, ValA said:

And, whilst France is still an Amber country, and therefore travel is against FCO advice, it is still possible to obtain travel insurance.

https://uk.ambafrance.org/Strategy-for-reopening-of-borders-from-9-June-onwards

But why would anyone with any sense go against the advice ?

Edited by Dave Capiro owner

Just now, David 38 said:

I have a booklet from when I visited N Africa so can that be stamped?

Lot my cards I was given each time I had covid jabs.

Think the Do Gooders have stopped the proper vaccine passports that were talked about.

Yes, the certificate that I referred to is in the form of a booklet. I would have thought that anyone intending to travel abroad and having to provide proof of vaccination would ask for one as a matter of course. How else would one do it? Is the NHS app readable or acceptable abroad? The EU is introducing a common app as an alternative to the yellow WHO certificate booklet on the 1st July, but that would only be for use EU wide.

Here’s a bit more information about the EU digital Covid vaccination certificate:
https://ec.europa.EU/info/live-work-travel-EU/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/EU-digital-covid-certificate_en

Edited by Lutz

Had a look on the French website yesterday and it still said essential travel from UK only and 7 days QT, it read like the rest of the world was being opened up apart from the UK, or have I read that wrong?? It wasn't on the link but another page.

Edited by Jiffy176

Jiffy,  If you are fully vaccinated and tested  negative then France is open for tourism and holidays . There is no quarantine . There is no rule saying only Essential travel. 

10 minutes ago, moorgate said:

Jiffy,  If you are fully vaccinated and tested  negative then France is open for tourism and holidays . There is no quarantine . There is no rule saying only Essential travel. 

Think you mean for entry but for return?

Also what about travel and health insurance if France not on green list?

11 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Think you mean for entry but for return?

Also what about travel and health insurance if France not on green list?

For return you have to test in France before leaving and on days 2 and 8 while you isolate at home in England.

For travel and health insurance you buy from companies such as Staysure   and Avanti which are among the ones offering this cover.

For my first jab I took my vaccination record book with me and asked them to add the Covid vaccination to it. They wouldnt do it because there was no specific section for it. I was told it would appear on my records in a couple of days and that I could download the new NHS app. I did that the same day and the record was already there.

Theres a specific section in it that is for travel and this allows you to download a pdf copy of the vaccine delivery, or an email version aswell as on screen.

Like the EU one theres also a barcode to prevent falsification which automatically changes every 28 days.

No mention though of which countries will accept it, in the same way that theres no mention on the EU one about entry into the UK

Edited by Towtug

Thanks must have read it wrong. Would only go if in green list what about the kids then?

Edited by Gordon
typo corrected

2 hours ago, Jiffy176 said:

Would only go if 9n green list what about the kids then?

??? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

1 hour ago, WispMan said:

??? 

presumably the poster means they would only go the Green list countries and they are wondering what about younger people who won't have both jabs until July (though I wouldn't call myself a "kid"!).

That's what I took from it

Google knows everything.

Children under the age of 11 are exempt from the requirement for COVID testing and vaccination  before and after travel to and from France. 

My family are self isolating after returning from Spain. 

During this self isolation, they do tests on Day 2 & Day 8.

This INCLUDES the children who are 6, 9 & 11.

I think the neg test to fly to the UK was for age 11 and above, and so the two youngest boys were exempt from this test. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

34 minutes ago, moorgate said:

Google knows everything.

Children under the age of 11 are exempt from the requirement for COVID testing and vaccination  before and after travel to and from France. 

Thank you, yes we would only go if France goes on the green list. Both wife and I will be fully vaccinated by the due to travel date but my question was about the kids.