Pump keeps running

frazerg

Hi,

We've had a problem with our water system the last twice we've been away , in that when you open a tap or use the shower on switching off the pump keeps running. When you flick the pump switch off the pump knocks off and doesn't come back on when you switch it back on again. Every time this happens I re calibrate the system and it works fine , go to the next site and it does it again , re calibrate fine again and so on . Anybody know why this is happening and how to cure it. It's a 2017 Elddis Affinity 554 with a Whale pump system.

Thanks

Frazer

Kia Sportage towing Lunar Ultima SE

at a guess if it is a pressure switch its faulty, personally I think its a rubbish system

macafee2 

Edited by macafee2

Hiya, 

Had exactly this a couple of weeks ago and spent quite  a bit of time on the phone to Whale support.   The are three possible points of  possible failure are as far as I can see.  The microswitch built in the housing, the IC controller itself or the none return diagram / washers.  I did have water damage to the switch, but tested it with a multi-meter and found it still worked.  The fix was fitting a service kit of new washers and non-return diaphragm.  You get at these by unscrewing the blue panel in the water inlet on outside of the van.  If you get the kit which I think was about £15, it comes with instructions on fitting etc.

It will probably be this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whale-AK8834-Master-Service-Kit-Black/dp/B005NY5E8G/ref=asc_df_B005NY5E8G/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309862982580&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5649674109361372112&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045916&hvtargid=pla-564820798745&psc=1

Hope this helps!

Edited by Wozerp

VW Passat B6 2. 0l TDI pulling '05 Lunar Quasar 524
'13 Elddis Avante 576 with iDC

Hi

My name is Hayley and I work in the marketing team at Whale.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. You can call them on 0345 9090 911 or email info@whalepumps.com.

Alternatively, please privately send me the best number to get you on and I will get one of our team to give you a call.

Best wishes,

Hayley

On 07/06/2021 at 11:28, WhaleSupport said:

Hi

My name is Hayley and I work in the marketing team at Whale.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. You can call them on 0345 9090 911 or email info@whalepumps.com.

Alternatively, please privately send me the best number to get you on and I will get one of our team to give you a call.

Best wishes,

Hayley

Thanks for that Hayley , I'll give customer services a ring and Talk it through with them.

Frazer

• 4 weeks later...

i know this is an old post but for any searchers out there in later years. I had a similar issue after doing a service kit refurbish, it can be  down to the diaphragm washer not sitting on the disk correctly.

see how the old  one is moulded to the shape where as the new one is not, we found our hard disk was off centre and caused the same issue. a slight twiddle and it was fine

20210624_103054.jpg

48 minutes ago, hedgerowpete said:

i know this is an old post but for any searchers out there in later years. I had a similar issue after doing a service kit refurbish, it can be  down to the diaphragm washer not sitting on the disk correctly.

see how the old  one is moulded to the shape where as the new one is not, we found our hard disk was off centre and caused the same issue. a slight twiddle and it was fine

20210624_103054.jpg

Thanks for the post, pity the op did not bother to provide an update

macafee2

Sorry for the lack of update but I was waiting to go away again to test what I'd done which I now have. As Wozer suggested I changed all the O rings and the diaphragm plus the one  way valve in the inlet and all is now fine(thanks Wozer). Can't comment on moving the diaphragm as suggested above as I changed the diaphragm. Also an easy way to get the one way valve in is to get long nose pliers on the nobbly end bit and pull it gently into position

Edited by frazerg
Added info

Frazer

21 minutes ago, frazerg said:

Sorry for the lack of update but I was waiting to go away again to test what I'd done which I now have. As Wozer suggested I changed all the O rings and the diaphragm plus the one  way valve in the inlet and all is now fine(thanks Wozer). Can't comment on moving the diaphragm as suggested above as I changed the diaphragm. Also an easy way to get the one way valve in is to get long nose pliers on the nobbly end bit and pull it gently into position

thanks for the update

macafee2

• 2 years later...

I’ve experienced the same issue with the pump not shutting off, moved sites set up again and the pump started up but really whinny, eventually it shut off and that was it never worked again. Replaced the pump changed the IC and the same issue really whinny not shutting off. Checked the microswitch, non return valve and diaphragm. I think I’ve blown the IC again, trying to get help from Whale for the past 3 days no joy! Anyone know how to check the IC with a multimeter to see if it’s blown? I get nothing when the taps are on and no flashing green light on the IC.