Fridge beeping

Ancona

Hello all, have a 2018 Sprite and turned on fridge a couple of days ago ready for the weekend, keep getting 3 beeps x 33 with the warning symbol, press the on/ off button clears fault and fault reoccurs with no set pattern, fridge not connected to command, have removed front control unit and disconnected, unplugged white muliplug behind fridge vent either both at the same time or individually or both at the same time, removed the catch checked for moisture , set catch to rear most position, checked light not staying on, and still the same, on the plus side fridge nice and cold just the beeps and warning symbol.

Any ideas please

Ancona

The 

Domentic RMS8558 is the model number

Posted (edited)

I had a similar issue and it was that the fridge door was not pulling close enough to the seal-an adjustment to the door catch and all was well though I think you've done this?

Edited by charlieboy2608

Have adjusted catch  to the rear most position and seal looks tight all the way round the door, if I pull back the seal when the door is closed the light is off.

Have you reset the warning button on the panel?

5 minutes ago, Ern said:

Have you reset the warning button on the panel?

Multiple times

I assume you have tried it on only electric but not gas?-might help if there are any differences to report......

We had similar issues with our 2018 van, ours went back to dealer as it needed connecting to the Command panel apprently to fix it. (it didn't work, or they didn't do it right, not sure which)

Had to go back to factory to be put right (along with other issues)

Ours wouldn't work on gas so that may be an issue with you.

23 hours ago, charlieboy2608 said:

I assume you have tried it on only electric but not gas?-might help if there are any differences to report......

Only  tried on electric as struggling to get gas,but that's another story, have adjusted catch to centre  position and still the same, away for a week from early Sat am so as long as not beeping will have to put up with the warning symbol, am waiting for dealer to e-mail me so hopefully they will get me try something , will keep you posted as and when,Ancona

As well as the door not being closed, the beeping can also indicate low voltage in the van.  It might be that the site electrics are not strong enough especially if there is a lot of draw on site or that they only provide 6 or 10amps or that the connection is faulty.    Check your not overloading your electrics (heating, lighting, tv etc).    If it works on gas, this is most likely the cause.    

1 hour ago, Ancona said:

Only  tried on electric as struggling to get gas,but that's another story, have adjusted catch to centre  position and still the same, away for a week from early Sat am so as long as not beeping will have to put up with the warning symbol, am waiting for dealer to e-mail me so hopefully they will get me try something , will keep you posted as and when,Ancona

Low gas pressure from cylinder (empty perhaps?)

Can you start the hob on gas hence proving its not a gas regulator, valve shut or cylinder pressure fault.

Is the fridge on 230 volts as opposed to 12 volt or gas?

On 26/05/2021 at 20:59, Ancona said:

Domentic RMS8558 is the model number

I recently had an issue with the Dometic fridge due to the magnet in the top of the door frame not being close enough to the sensor. A temporary fix is to pad the magnet with paper so it is lifted.

It required the dealer to move the fridge hinges up to lift the door. It is a known issue to Dometic but may not be applicable to your model.

I suggest giving the Dometic technical team a call on 0344 626 0133 as I found them to be very helpful.

14 hours ago, 8ftWanderer said:

I recently had an issue with the Dometic fridge due to the magnet in the top of the door frame not being close enough to the sensor. A temporary fix is to pad the magnet with paper so it is lifted.

It required the dealer to move the fridge hinges up to lift the door. It is a known issue to Dometic but may not be applicable to your model.

I suggest giving the Dometic technical team a call on 0344 626 0133 as I found them to be very helpful.

Spoke to my dealer today and he suggested the same, but unable to see sensor or magnet, he advised it was under the control panel but can not see it, any ideas ?

21 minutes ago, Ancona said:

Spoke to my dealer today and he suggested the same, but unable to see sensor or magnet, he advised it was under the control panel but can not see it, any ideas ?

On mine if you open the door there is a panel you can remove on the top of the door and the magnet is housed under that thin panel close to the right as you look at the fridge.

A word of warning, the dealer told me that a lot of people are damaging the hinge pin as they make the temp fix as the doors sometimes fall forward and the pin snaps.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem and the dealer cured the problem by installing an update via the control unit above the entrance door. Trouble free now for 2 years