advice please

foxesfan

Hi can anyone tell me if Gas tails and regulators replacements are the responsibility of the Park Owners?  Thanks

I would guess that depends on your agreement with the park especially so if they supply the gas - there is likely a demarcation point of where their responsibility ends and yours starts. Do you have anything to refer to?

Cheers, Martin

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I would guess that depends on your agreement with the park especially so if they supply the gas - there is likely a demarcation point of where their responsibility ends and yours starts. Do you have anything to refer to?

No we dont have an agreement about this, to be honest there is not a lot of information given out by the site owners, we have been sited in the same site for 14 years and have only just received a letter stating that we have to replace. Thanks

1 minute ago, foxesfan said:

. . . . we have been sited in the same site for 14 years and have only just received a letter stating that we have to replace.

I thought there was a recommendation to have the gas pipe replaced every 5 (?) years. What has been said when you have had the system serviced ?

8 minutes ago, DerbyClubman said:

I thought there was a recommendation to have the gas pipe replaced every 5 (?) years. What has been said when you have had the system serviced ?

the site replaced these 5 years ago but now they are asking the owners to pay for this now

OK thanks - I just thought that it hadn't been touched for at least 14 years - so it's just about the payment - but they did that last time so have you signed any new lease agreement since that time - if not then I guess you have reason to complain but will that actually get you anywhere?  If the site owners get a gas man to condemn the system as being unsafe then you will have no choice but to comply.

15 minutes ago, DerbyClubman said:

OK thanks - I just thought that it hadn't been touched for at least 14 years - so it's just about the payment - but they did that last time so have you signed any new lease agreement since that time - if not then I guess you have reason to complain but will that actually get you anywhere?  If the site owners get a gas man to condemn the system as being unsafe then you will have no choice but to comply.

Thanks, yes looks like I'll have to pay up, take care

I suspect this could also be a knock on from the incident in South Wales involving use of LPG in residential premises resulting in Calor (for instance) mandating as follows back end of last year:

It is Calor policy that a regulator with OPSO (over-pressure shut off) should be fitted to all LPG fixed pipework installations irrespective of the number of cylinders attached - An OPSO shuts off the gas supply should the regulator fail and prevents high pressure gas from entering the premises

This only used to be required on 4 cylinder installations.

Complex stuff but for your safety worth getting done and right. 

I assume you own the park home?

Cheers, Martin