Hi you guys...shower pressure :/

Gubby

About a year ago i got in touch with a Mobile Caravan Engineer in Maidstone.....he came down a couple of times and took about £250 off me for a couple of jobs...basically for the Poor Water Pressure in my van...he fitted a Pressure Switch..sold me a Water Pump,..and generally made it look good by spending time here at my van....i still have poor pressure at the shower..its dribbling out... it was better before he fitted the pressure switch/pump....over lockdown he told me he could`nt attend ,which is understandable and acceptable...but that`s the last i heard from him....so i am now back to square one...i have replaced the shower head ( well,4 in fact) a new shower hose...a new high power water pump..descaled the system twice....but its still the same..as i am a full timer in my caravan...(the lockdown opened a new life for me)...i contacted another Mobile Caravan Service company near to me at Ashford,Kent...asking  the for the mobile service,and to fix my problem... etc etc...but have`nt received any reply...even one that tells me to get lost!!!...what is wrong with me and my van???.....i am still here over a year later with a poor shower pressure...i long for a good shower everyday,and resent those people in their homes enjoying what i cant!!!!.( only joking here)....when i had my flat i had a power shower,which used to almost knock me over...but i loved it...now i am reduced to a dribble...can anyone tell me of a Caravan Engineer near to Ashford ,Kent that could come and fix my problem???....Happy Countryside Caravanner.... :)

How does the shower flow compare to from just a sink tap, is it the same or a lot less ?

There was a recent topic on here where the shower hot flow was very poor. It seemed to turn out there was a problem with the fitting of the mixer unit and possibly the hot water inlet to it was partly blocked. It was going back to the dealer to sort out but I do not recall getting the result of this.

What about checking the flow rate (litres/min) and comparing with the pump specification, with and without the shower head.

If the flow doesn't match then test at the pump outlet.

Then go to the inlet side, is there an air leak preventing  water getting to the pump or other restriction on that side?

I suggest you need some numbers to start to see what is going on?

On 19/05/2021 at 13:27, Paul1957 said:

There was a recent topic on here where the shower hot flow was very poor. It seemed to turn out there was a problem with the fitting of the mixer unit and possibly the hot water inlet to it was partly blocked. It was going back to the dealer to sort out but I do not recall getting the result of this.

I think that was my post and it turned out to be a faulty IC Control Unit.

Gubby, when you run the shower does the pump actually kick in? You should hear it kick-in to use within 10 seconds.

Are you on a Whale or Truma inlet?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,thanks for replies...i haven`t been that well so haven`t been on here..yup the sink is the same pressure...i get a shower but it just dribbles out i would a proper shower...

i would love a proper engineer to come out and sort it for me...and not the rip off bloke   from Maidstone..

On 25/05/2021 at 22:59, 8ftWanderer said:

I think that was my post and it turned out to be a faulty IC Control Unit.

Gubby, when you run the shower does the pump actually kick in? You should hear it kick-in to use within 10 seconds.

Are you on a Whale or Truma inlet?

1 minute ago, Gubby said:

Hi guys,thanks for replies...i haven`t been that well so haven`t been on here..yup the sink is the same pressure...i get a shower but it just dribbles out i would a proper shower...

i would love a proper engineer to come out and sort it for me...and not the rip off bloke   from Maidstone..

yupo im on a whale set up unit i think