Extra Security

diploma

Message added by CT Advertising,

I have a Coachman 565  VIP , I wanted to fit extra door lock when my van was serviced the engineer told me they would not fit because not enough room on the inside for the covering plate, anybody fitted any extra door security and what type if you have fitted one.

Although fitting a door security lock will, no doubt make the door more secure, don’t overlook that the windows are not exactly strong points. If you make the door more secure, the poor misunderstood types will simply  take the easy window route in. 

I fitted one the dealer told me that it would not fit just turned it other way wanted one I could lock from inside or out side

milinco.

inside and Outside Operating Security Door Lock

High security door lock, which locks from both inside or outside with counter measures against bump keys.

Can be locked in both open and closed positions.

This new improved design only requires a 30mm gap between door frame and furniture at wall board level (handle only requires 50mm to turn.) 

Handle only projects 33mm away from the inner wall surface ensuring this lock now fits most caravans and Motorhomes in either portrait and Landscape positions requiring only minimal space for fitment.

Please ensure you make a note of your key number.

Security Door Lock

Hope this helps 

They are of very limited value, as per Lost In The Wilderness’s post above.  The weak point in any caravan or Motorhome are tge window catches. 

Fitting a decent safe is a much more worthwhile (and cheaper) security measure. Just bolt it to something solid with hidden bolts.

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

The above lock is to give extra security when in the van And a visual deterrent When not

a lot of door locks can be opened with a screwdriver especially in a overnight airs or stop overs a Screwdriver will open most caravan door locks this is just an added prevention when you’re asleep  have seen doors opened this way and They have had a dog obviously a dog that did not bark yes you can get in through a window but The lock is a good visual deterrent most caravans broken in this way they don’t enter the van they just grab what they can  from the door most people keep car keys or bags buy the door we have also fitted a flashing l.e.d. that we can turn on or off as needed

this option my not be for everyone but it works for me.

On 17/05/2021 at 10:33, diploma said:

anybody fitted any extra door security and what type if you have fitted one.

I've fitted a Fiamma door security handle/   Not only does it protect the door but also helps me getting in and out of the van.

P1050576.thumb.JPG.6cf9e323cd384deab3481d9cfb35fd2e.JPG

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

11 hours ago, Jaydug said:

I've fitted a Fiamma door security handle/   Not only does it protect the door but also helps me getting in and out of the van.

P1050576.thumb.JPG.6cf9e323cd384deab3481d9cfb35fd2e.JPG

Just now, diploma said:

Cant fit a handle door opens on the other side and window wont allow enough room .   Thanks for all the Replies

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.