Sargent Alarm

I have this 'Mickey Mouse' alarm factory installed in my 2017 Sterling Continental and to say it's feeble is being very kind!

Has anyone substituted it for a more sophisticated model and, if so, did the replacement link into the Swift Command system seamlessly and provide SMS alerts when triggered?

Command requires 2 inputs from an alarm system if you require the functionality to remain. 
-Armed

-Alarm

They both work on 0V with around 7V when off so it can be done but may have to be spoofed. 

Not sure how much better it is but the latest AS350 looks significantly improved, not seen it standard on any vehicles yet tho.

Cheers, Martin

The AS350 came on our 2020 super sprite Quattro, functionality is just the same as older models but the built lcd display is quite handy for adjusting settings etc, but a real major downside is no anti-tamper, this was highlighted when the oxygen thieves that had broken into our caravan gained access through a side locker door and took the cover off the alarm without it going off.........

• 4 weeks later...

Our 2019 Eccles 645 alarm is pretty weak sounding, as I only discovered the other day when I set off accidently.

Not sure if at home the neighbours would really notice from inside, but I guess at a site and with the lights flashing it may attract other campers attention.

2 hours ago, David McIntyre said:

Our 2019 Eccles 645 alarm is pretty weak sounding, as I only discovered the other day when I set off accidently.

Not sure if at home the neighbours would really notice from inside, but I guess at a site and with the lights flashing it may attract other campers attention.

Have you tried adjusting the beep volumes to see if it’s a fault with the internal siren? I recall a few had issues so yours may well be faulty.
When you arm/disarm you should be able to detect a fault because the beep would be pathetic even at max level.

Sargent are very helpful with this type of issue, give them a call they may have suggestions.

Cheers, Martin

Hi Martin,

I'll have to look at that.  When arming/dis-arming the audible beep is quite loud.