We are having trouble with the electric heating on our alde heating system,  it works on gas.

We have lost the hook up icon on display, and heating isn't working or hot water. We have got electricity going to the van, microwave and kettle work.

We used to be able to restore it by turning switching trip switch on and off, it would work for a few hours then go off. We cannot get it on at all now.

Posted (edited)

Sounds like the unit is not getting mains, unfortunately whilst checking that is easy enough, it is also something that without skills can be so dangerous for the untrained to go investigating. You know a friend with electrician skills?

Edit, If you identify your van, somebody on here could know if the Alde mains is individually fused and where that might be located. Checking that is DIY- able, if you know where it is.

Edited by JTQ

Bailey Unicorn Vigo 2014 from their profile. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

If it’s a 2014 Bailey there is usually a switch on the same side as Alde under the front offside lounge/bed check it is on

Cheers, Martin

We had exactly this problem, sorted out last week. It turned out that the Sargent Electric Distribution unit had a dodgy pin in one of the connectors, it had drifted inside the unit and was not making proper contact. We too had no symbol on the Alde panel to show the electric was connected but everything in the van powered by 240v was working correctly. Hope this helps.

25 minutes ago, StuBob said:

We had exactly this problem, sorted out last week. It turned out that the Sargent Electric Distribution unit had a dodgy pin in one of the connectors, it had drifted inside the unit and was not making proper contact. We too had no symbol on the Alde panel to show the electric was connected but everything in the van powered by 240v was working correctly. Hope this helps.

Thats very interesting!

@David Jacksonyou maybe very interested in this with your topic intermittent fault see above.....

Cheers, Martin

Thanks for that I’m going to try a new on/off switch 1st if that doesn’t solve it it’ll go back to Sargent for repair cheers Dave 

On 15/05/2021 at 14:21, Sandraskis said:

We are having trouble with the electric heating on our alde heating system,  it works on gas.

We have lost the hook up icon on display, and heating isn't working or hot water. We have got electricity going to the van, microwave and kettle work.

We used to be able to restore it by turning switching trip switch on and off, it would work for a few hours then go off. We cannot get it on at all now.

ive got the same issue ive just drilled out the top cover to gain access to the switches and I'm changing the combined heating/hot water switch its a bit off a pig to to change to remove the switch but with a bit effing and jeffing its out so only time will tell... had this issue for 2 years tbh so for the sake of £3.60 I'm hoping ive found the answer 

Switch now changed to this found the old one at fault by testing on dvm fingers crossed 👍

D23362E2-DFBD-495C-BF20-6425F2EC9D7F.jpeg

Good Luck David! Hope that's your answer!

Hi everyone it does look it was the switch was at fault   its been on now for just over a week and so far so good....if anyone has got the same issue with loosing the 240 icon on they're Aldi panel i would try this 1st but just remember to turn off the power and remove battery terminal then drill the pop rivets out above the switches to gain access simple job really then i just used self tapping screws to fix the cover back on thanks to every body who commented cheers Dave.