Using bio wash liquid in toilet waste container

Woodentop

Heading is the topic, question is what dosage rate?

I've been trying out Lidl's, using one toilet filler capful. The outflow doesn't look appealing but it does stifle the odours to the same extent as the 'proper' fluid I normally use.

The correct dosage rate is as follows..

1 x glug

15 minutes ago, JCCD said:

The correct dosage rate is as follows..

1 x glug

Spot on:)

Posted (edited)

I go for a "full wash", be it Waitrose or Sainsbury's own.

For another reason, "weight", I dump the cassette every morning as part of my routine.

So the demands asked of anything I use for this job, is not that challenging.

Edit: ours is the old C200, predating wheels.

Edited by JTQ

WE use the Aldi bio wash tablets which work fine. Similar to JTQ we empty ours every day so any lingering nasty niffs generally do not appear.

Tried the liquids and got confused by a glug, or a glug and abit...:D

I use Lidl Formil bio liquid. The green top bottle. Yes just a glug or if you want to measure use the waste tank cap. It keeps the waste tank interior nice & clean & works well enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Did two glugs but after 48hrs smell was nasty. Back to blue stuff.

We use bio powder, cheaper than liquid and for some reason, more effective.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pebble said:

We use bio powder, cheaper than liquid and for some reason, more effective.

Odd isn’t it! We find the bio liquid to be the best and, after much trialing of various brands, found theLidl “Formil” variety to be the best of the lot. (But make sure it’s the bio version, the non bio for some reason is nothing like as good) 

As a caveat to the above we only use our onboard toilet for liquid, not solid, waste and empty the cassette every couple of days. 

And the correct dose is indeed, as has been stated, a good “glug”

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

2 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

As a caveat to the above we only use our onboard toilet for liquid, not solid, waste and empty the cassette every couple of days. 

🤤🤤 Now he tells us.😭😭

We use our toilet for everything; we've stayed a few times at sites whose facilities weren't open yet. It usually gets emptied after a day and a half. We did try the bio liquid route but Mr. D was decidedly unimpressed.  back to Elsan Blue for us. 

Don’t forget that ALDI do 2 litres of fluid (cassette or flush tank varieties) at just £5.99 for 2 litres which is much less than the Thetford/Elsan stuff 

In the scale of things the cost of toilet fluid isn’t critical but, to quote an oft used expression ....

”Every Little helps” 

It all depends what you use the toilet for (and what your diet is like!).  The Aldi stuff is okay if you just use the toilet in the middle of the night but if you're like us and don't use the site facilities it just doesn't seem to work well unless you use so much of it that it's no longer economical.  We prefer Elsan but are currently trying the Camperlife fluids, available in different scents, currently on the Old Spice version at the minute!

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Those who use the tablets, do you put some water in and mix it up, or just drop the tablet in after cleaning?

2 hours ago, Susan D said:

We use our toilet for everything; we've stayed a few times at sites whose facilities weren't open yet. It usually gets emptied after a day and a half. We did try the bio liquid route but Mr. D was decidedly unimpressed.  back to Elsan Blue for us. 

Similar to us. We tried the bio capsules. From memory they did a good job on the breaking down side of things but the smell when you opened the flap was deciedly weird (not necessarily a toilet smel but not nice!)

Back to the stuff from Aldi - we are finding the Blue Diamond Green to be the best

1 hour ago, Scarab said:

Back to the stuff from Aldi - we are finding the Blue Diamond Green to be the best

That's interesting, we tried the blue version from Aldi and didn't get on with it, how much of the green fluid do you put in each time?

3 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

That's interesting, we tried the blue version from Aldi and didn't get on with it, how much of the green fluid do you put in each time?

One and a bit cap fulls (from the cassette cap).  We have the blue one as well but are finding that the green seems to work better.

1 hour ago, Scarab said:

One and a bit cap fulls (from the cassette cap).  We have the blue one as well but are finding that the green seems to work better.

Thanks, I'll try some next time they sell it.

3 hours ago, Scarab said:

🤣🤣🤣

I don't like the green at all. Didn't seem as strong as the blue also didn't like the colour on emptying  (Not that I spend a long time looking at it).

We are giving the Aldi bio liquid a go. I'm wondering if we can pop a little washing in there at the same time.  Two birds and all that🤔

3 hours ago, CraigP2005 said:

🤣🤣🤣

I don't like the green at all. Didn't seem as strong as the blue also didn't like the colour on emptying  (Not that I spend a long time looking at it).

We are giving the Aldi bio liquid a go. I'm wondering if we can pop a little washing in there at the same time.  Two birds and all that🤔

If you did not like the colour of the "green", then best put a "dolly blue" bag in with the Bio liquid, or am I showing my real age here ;)

Worrying about the colour of what comes out of your toilet cassette, what a terrible first world problem :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, JTQ said:

If you did not like the colour of the "green", then best put a "dolly blue" bag in with the Bio liquid, or am I showing my real age here ;)

No never heard of them. However I referred it to an higher authority. 

Reckitts Bag blue I was informed made in Hull. Apparently the road going down to the factory was blue as were the workers.🤤

As was the Dolly Blue factory at Newby Bridge at the bottom of Lake Windermere. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion