Kitchen equipment

Hi.

New here and wondered what the best kitchen accessories are. I.e cutlery and stuff for weight 

Basically you are just looking at lightweight items. They are normally used fr less than the equivalent at home so durability is less of a problem. Our cutlery and some other items came from Ikea, cheap, cheerful and light weight. The pans are basic Sainsburys models, again just cheap and not what we would use at home, but work for us when away. 

For crockery and the like Melamine or similar are generally light and reasonably robust, even our glasses are plastic.

Some people will have gone for standard domestic items and if you can live with the weight and breakability they are valid choices, it is more what you are happy with and can manage the weight rather than anything else.

I wouldn't go splashing out on 'special' caravan/camping stuff. Generally it's expensive and often not fit for purpose. Ordinary cutlery from home and a set of pans in aluminium (for weight) will do. We found a set of pans with handles that fold to one side via a positive locking hinge which stops the handles sticking out in storage. But generally just your normal stuff.

One piece of advice is to get some plastic screw top containers for stuff like coffee, teabags, sugar etc. They're neat, save space and aren't glass, which reduces the risk of breakages. Melamine plates and bowls where supermarkets tend to sell a different pattern selection each year in Spring. Clear plastic glasses instead of glass from somewhere like Lakeland. But our mugs must be china and again cheap sets from supermarkets or just use some of the dozens most households collect over the years. Melamine mugs stain easily and we've found no satisfactory way to restore them, having tried all sorts.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

The other half uses Milton to effectively remove stains from melamine mugs - it's an annual job.

We can't abide drinking wine from plastic glasses so have a couple of real ones securely fixed to the wall of our 'cocktail' cabinet - don't ya know :)

If you like booze, ie, beer, wine, spirits, you know, the usual.  Use proper glass wear.  Those malamine things, makes everything taste yuk!!!  I've carried glass wear for years, both when camping and caravanning, and never broke anything.  If they come packed in cardboard, then keep using them to re-pack your glass wear when finished.   I also use proper pottery cups and plates as well.  Again, the malamine thing concerning cups of tea/coffee

Clipit (or similar)storage boxes, the square ones, or rectangle ones, are very useful. They stack well and save space, unlike round ones. Or the plastic take away type lidded boxes, very lightweight and stackable.

We bought a set of three cheapo pans with glass lids from Matalan or somewhere like that, when we got our tourer all those years ago. I’m still using them in our static.

We too always used proper glasses and mugs, and are still using them too.

Only pack enough of what you will actually need, not what you might need.

Every couple of years, or sooner, have a sort out of cupboards and drawers and remove all the stuff you thought you might  need, but never used.

The same happens at home, especially in kitchens for some reason, full of stuff that ' looked handy ' or ' that's a good idea ' once used and put at the back of the cupboard because it might come in handy one day😨😂😉