Adria Adora Sava - Warranty

We're looking at a 2020 Adora Sava - it's new stock although it's a 2020 caravan. 

I'm fairly happy with the caravan and that it will suit our needs (little nervous about the extra width) but I realise I haven't seen anything about warranty.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Adria and warranty - is it with the dealer or manufacturer? And does it being a 2020 caravan mean I lose a year of whatever that warrant is?

Thanks in advance,

Adria give a two year general warranty and ten years water ingress which can be found on their website if you want to check the detail. Adria give the warranty but the dealer has liabilities if anything goes wrong under the Consumer Protection Act 2015.

When buying from a dealer your contract is with that dealer, who is then responsible for any problems during the warranty period, which is why it is sensible to buy as locally as you can !!

The warranty runs from the day you purchase the van, not on its build date.

Adria have 7 service centres across England (and 1 in Wrexham, Wales) who will undertake any warranty work (as well as your dealer) plus any other transient Adria dealer. You may also have servicing done by any AWS approved centre too maintaining the warranty. 

Cheers, Martin

You cannot be sure if dealers other than the one you bought from will do warranty work and in many cases they will not as they service their own customers first.

On 08/05/2021 at 14:50, Wildwood said:

Adria give a two year general warranty and ten years water ingress which can be found on their website if you want to check the detail. Adria give the warranty but the dealer has liabilities if anything goes wrong under the Consumer Protection Act 2015.

Thanks - that answer my queries.

Thanks to others also.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update and two new queries. We are now looking at a second hand 2019 Adria. I'm told that the warranty is 6/3 years on this year's model and is transferrable.  Can anyone confirm that?

The dealer is not an Adria dealer, so I am wondering where we would stand on any warranty work. The dealer would be first port of call but as they are not an Adria dealer, my understanding is that they could not do the work. Is that right?

Finally, has anyone got a weight upgrade plate on a second hand Adria?

Thanks

The warranties on our Elddis caravan ran out a few years ago and 2 years back I took it to a Swift dealer for servicing. This meant only a 1 mile trip from storage rather than 80 miles to the dealer. However, I asked for something extra to be looked at and they said Elddis would not sell them the parts so could not do it.

How true this was I am not sure but if this happens in the industry then I would try to get an Adria dealer to agree they would undertake any warranty work before you commit to buying or get the selling dealer to agree they can do any work and maintain the warranty.