Replacing 12v Socket with twin f-Type Connector (Lunar Clubman 2019)

Posted (edited)

Hi

I am trying to find a replacement for one of the 12v sockets from my van, so I can fit a twin f-Type connector to allow a twin satellite feed. I am struggling to identify what I need as it has to fit the panel in the van (see attached image).

Or I could change the middle coax and f-Type to a coax and 3 f-Types if such a thing exists.

Anyone any ideas?

Also, should add - anyone any idea how the silver face plate is removed ?

Thanks

Phil 

IMG_1985.JPG

Edited by PhilC

You can get single to double f-type adapters as we’ve got one in ours but never seen a triple. Ours came from EBay.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

On 06/05/2021 at 22:02, GaryB1969 said:

You can get single to double f-type adapters as we’ve got one in ours but never seen a triple. Ours came from EBay.

Do you mean a single to double splitter - or a replacement module providing two f-type connectors?

phil 

We had the same arrangement as in your pic but I didn't want our Sky box connected there and on view so I replaced the single external feed cable  with a double and ran the cable directly to the receiver hidden under a bunk.

I then ran a long HDMI cable male/female from the receiver to the position of your centre connectors , removed the insert and fitted the HDMI female there with a short HDMI cable from the female outlet to the TV.

I bought a blanking plate, cut a slot in it and bonded the female HDMI into it, my surrounds can be prised off with a blunt knife under an edge.

Just another take on Sat wiring.

20200225_081438.thumb.png.8f187e0b3bb5bae65164776d548d8676.png

20201115_184053.thumb.png.719dee3d7c0bb6626a7552295ee916bb.png

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

Thanks Griff; nice explanation.   I think the next thing is to try and get the panel off using as you say a blunt knife and see what the modules are.   I expect it will then become clearer on how to source a module to fit - fingers crossed 🙏

Er, one point. If you want to use satellite ALL connectors carrying signal should be F-type. Belling-Lee connectors (otherwise known as standard TV plugs) are not designed to work at the frequencies involved with satellite, they do not necessarily make good enough connections for the power that is being fed to the LNB on the dish which <is> voltage sensitive, and above all since most are aluminium they tend to corrode.

The best option is to fit or have fitted an external double aerial cable entry (such as made by Vision) to keep satellite independent of terrestrial TV.

56 minutes ago, PhilC said:

Thanks Griff; nice explanation.   I think the next thing is to try and get the panel off using as you say a blunt knife and see what the modules are.  I expect it will then become clearer on how to source a module to fit - fingers crossed 🙏

Berker Twin Satellite Socket

Ah thanks ReggiePerrin - that points me in the right direction 😀