How are the later shape VIPs ?

How are the later shape Coachman VIP vans ? Often I read comments where people say the older models of this or that van were better built. 
The difference in price between a 2015 and a 2018 isn’t that great. The 2018 being I believe the first of the new shape..

On EBay right now there is a Mint 2015 up at 20K and a mint 2018 at 21K........ Invariably the  older models seem more expensive. The older van is with a private seller so I’m supposing part of it’s price is the greed of the seller.

In 2015 the VIP cost £24.200 while a new one today costs 28/29.000

6 minutes ago, Charliefarlie said:

The older van is with a private seller so I’m supposing part of it’s price is the greed of the seller.

Why would getting the best price you can for whatever you sell, caravan, car, house be classed as greed, I'm sure you would seek to get the best price you could for something you sold.

Conversely you could say that a car, van dealer is greedy when he offers a low trade in price.

In either case it is up to the purchaser of an item or the seller to accept what's offered.

If a buyer perceives the price as greedy, he has the option to move on, the same with a seller.

I would suggest that the 2015 one is vastly overpriced in normal circumstances, but at the moment prices are stupid and it’s a seller’s market. Caravans that ordinarily would fetch just a few hundred pounds are going for £2-3,000 at the moment!

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Silversurf said:

Why would getting the best price you can for whatever you sell, caravan, car, house be classed as greed, I'm sure you would seek to get the best price you could for something you sold.

Conversely you could say that a car, van dealer is greedy when he offers a low trade in price.

In either case it is up to the purchaser of an item or the seller to accept what's offered.

If a buyer perceives the price as greedy, he has the option to move on, the same with a seller.

I look at it like this...

Remember when the coronavirus first hit and some shopkeepers were asking 6 quid for a tiny hand sanitizer that usually sold for £1 ?? 

Selling an item any item we all want a fair price for a fair item. Fair being the operative word. 

The coachman on EBay is up for 20K.... In 2015 retail was 24200...... In that period of time a healthy discount of 17% could easily be had . That would take the price down to 20.082.......

Its all there on Google have a look.

Greed that is plain and simple .. 

Trading in is different, Of course we are never going to get the best price trading in, But the trader has to have a margin or he or she can’t pay the staff and pay the bills etc etc... 

When I sell an item I sell for a fair and reasonable price I don’t nor ever would take advantage of anyone especially on the back of a pandemic.

Perhaps you would I certainly would not . 

Edited by Charliefarlie
11 hours ago, Charliefarlie said:

How are the later shape Coachman VIP vans ? Often I read comments where people say the older models of this or that van were better built. 

Sometimes for whatever reason a particular era/model of something earns a reputation that makes it attractive and hold its value - the market decides. As an example the last air cooled Porsche 911 (designated the 993) commands higher prices than the later 996 for models of similar spec/mileage even though obviously the 996 is a younger car. I think there is an argument that some older vans, particularly in terms of the interiors, were better built because they were more wood than plastic. The downside of course was that they tended to weigh more. At the end of the day you pay your money and make your choice.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

5 hours ago, Charliefarlie said:

Perhaps you would I certainly would not . 

Nice comment about someone you don't know....................... not. 😠

There will be other differences, but the main one that sticks in my mind was the introduction of the double door front lockers and the front drawers being set further into the locker area, making a little more space at the front of the van.

There were comments on here about them at the time, so do a search.

It must have been well received as Coachman seem to have moved over to this front end on all their vans now.

10 hours ago, Silversurf said:

Nice comment about someone you don't know....................... not. 😠

Sorry I wasn’t trying to offend. But read your own post above. It says you think adding covid tax to a sale is ok. 

• Steven locked this topic